Home & Home Office
SSL Certificates Email and Identity Code Signing Certificate Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Site Seals Endpoint Protection E-Commerce Bundle
EV SSLManaged DNS
Small & Medium Business
SSL Certificates Code Signing Certificate PKI Management cCloud Endpoint Protection Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Email and Identity Hosted DNS Mobile Device Management
- Social Media
VerificationEngine lets you easily verify that the site you're on can be trusted, essential to secure web-surfing.
- Protect yourself on the Web
- Verify the authenticity of websites
- Unique browser-independent verification
- Customizable alerts to suit your preferences
- Access a website's security credentials
Price: 100% Free
Why use VerificationEngine Anti Phishing Software?
A website may seem to be in all respects legitimate. Of course, on the Web, not everything is what it seems. Some sites are phony, created to install viruses and malware on a surfer's computer, or steal their personal information. Immediately separate the real from the fake with VerificationEngine. With VerificationEngine Anti Phishing Software installed, the border around the web browser will glow green to let you know the site is secure. It's that simple, and it's free. Plus, Verification Engine isn't browser-based, so anyone can use it with their preferred web browser, and it can't be fooled by cyber-attacks on a particular browser.
Additional VerificationEngine Anti Phishing features:
- Stops "pharming attacks," which send users to fraudulent sites even when typing the correct address in the browser
- Verify all brands and logos on a website with BrandVerify
- Protection from fraudulent, email-based "phishing attacks" – a common form of Identity Theft
- Fully automatic system updates for the most current protection
- Make sure that website log-in and password boxes are authentic before giving up personal info
How does VerificationEngine Anti Phishing Software work? Just move the mouse over the logo brand or image you want to verify and Verification Engine will authenticate the different trust credentials of the current site. Users can also mouse over the "padlock" symbol on sites to make sure the padlock is genuine, not some fraudulent graphic, and that the site uses a valid security certificate.
Available for the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 5.01 and above
- AOL 1.1 and above
- Netscape 8+ (IE and FF mode)
- Firefox 1.0.7 and above
And the following operating systems:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit
Price: 100% Free
Important Features of VerificationEngine Anti Phishing Software
- IPVerify protection
- Worry no longer about Pharming attacks, which rely on a virus that corrupts a file on your PC and sends you to fraudulent sites.
- SSLVerify gives access to a site's business credentials
- Easily view the details of a site's SSL certificate, so you know if you're on a secure page
- SubmitVerify protection
- Allows browsers to make sure a log-in or password box is secure before you type in private information
- BrandVerify protection
- Make sure all logos and brands on a site are the real deal, not phony graphics
- Ever-alert browser security system
- VerificationEngine Anti Phishing Software alerts you if any spurious site appears to be attacking your PC
- Visual and audio cues
- Set a personal preference for checking a site's security: any audio sound uploaded or a simple browser bar with the color of your choice
- Automated updates
- Stay current with automatic updates to VerificationEngine
Frequently Asked Questions about Verification Engine Anti Phishing Software
- What does the green frame around my screen mean?
- It means that VerificationEngine has verified (hence the name) that the site you're on is exactly what it claims to be.
- The green border does not show up on all pages – why?
- Some merchants only have a few pages verified. As a double check - only input sensitive data on pages where the logo can be verified and where a 'padlock' symbol is visible in the browser.
- The green border does not show up right away - why?
- Don't worry, VerificationEngine will work once the entire page has loaded.
- What sounds can I use for Audio Authentication?
- Any WAV file you choose can be used.
- How can I ensure that the green border of VerificationEngine Anti Phishing Software won't be faked or mimicked?
- VerificationEngine is the only way to verify websites that displays security information outside of the web browser itself, making it virtually impervious to mimic attempts.
VerificationEngine Anti Phishing Software Support
Check out the VerificationEngine user guide go to our forums for more information.
Visit the Forums
Our support forum contains easy to find answers to many common questions.
If you can't find your answer within the manual or forums, please email us at email@example.com for further assistance.
*Please note that phone support is not available for our free products, including our secure email service.
Own a website?
Get Comodo SSL to protect your customers from identity theft now. Issue within minutes!
Want a virus-free PC?
Comodo Firewall detects and blocks unwanted PC invaders. Arm your PC Now!
Comodo Internet Security Pro 10
Your extreme protection against all online threats.
- Clean Malware
- Firewall Protection
- Defence+ Host Intrusion Protection
- Auto Sandbox TechnologyTM
Product Selection Wizard
Find the Comodo product that best fits your needs or budget. Try it Now