Home & Home Office
SSL Certificates Email and Identity Code Signing Certificate Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Site Seals Endpoint Protection E-Commerce Bundle
EV SSLManaged DNS
Small & Medium Business
SSL Certificates Code Signing Certificate PKI Management cCloud Endpoint Protection Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Email and Identity Hosted DNS Mobile Device Management
- Social Media
Comodo's award-winning firewall protects you from the viruses, malware, and hackers.
World's #1 free Firewall that finds threats and protects your PC
- Fast and hassle-free online experience
- Blocks all Internet attacks
- Monitors in/out connections
- Manages traffic on your PC
- Secures all connections when you are online
CNET Editors' Choice, 5-Star Rated
Comodo Firewall Pro introduces the next evolution in computer security: Default Deny Protection (DDP™). What is DDP? Most security programs maintain a list of known malware, and use that list to decide which applications and files shouldn't access a PC. The problem here is obvious. What if the list of malware is missing some entries, or isn't up to date?
DDP fixes this problem to ensure complete security. The firewall references a list of over two million known PC-friendly applications. If a file that is not on this safe-list knocks on your PC's door, the Firewall immediately alerts you to the possibility of attacking malware. All this occurs before the malware infects your computer. It's prevention-based security, the only way to keep PCs totally safe.
5 top secrets why Comodo Firewall is different
- No complex configuration Issues — perfect for amateur users
- Quickly learns user behavior to deliver personalized protection
- User-friendly, attractive graphical interface
- Lots of configuration options let techies configure things just as they like
- DDP-based security keeps you informed and PCs safe
One of the first steps in securing a computer is downloading and activating a quality firewall to repel intruders. Only this free firewall software has access to Comodo's extensive safe-list of PC-friendly applications, a key component of Default Deny Protection.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2 / Windows 8, 152 MB RAM / 400 MB space
April 2, 2014. Please see latest release notes
Comodo Firewall Awards:
Important Firewall Features
- Default Deny Protection
- Makes sure that only known PC-safe applications execute
- Prevention-based security
- Stops viruses and malware before they access your computer…so it isn't too late to stop them.
- Auto Sandbox Technology™
- The sandbox is a virtual operating environment for untrusted programs – ensuring viruses and other malicious software are completely isolated from the rest of your computer
- Personalized alerts
- Firewall remembers which software is allowed to operate and changes its alerts accordingly.
- Cloud based Behavior Analysis
- Cloud based behavior analysis system detects zero-day malware INSTANTLY.
- Cloud based Whitelisting
- Cloud based whitelisting of trusted publisher easily identifies a safe file and vendor
- Game Mode
- Suppresses operations that could interfere with a user’s gaming experience such as alerts, virus database updates or scheduled scans.
- Application Control
- Provides users with the ability to lockdown their PC so only known good applications can run.
- Automatic updates
- Stay current with the latest protection.
- Precise and specific alert system
- Warnings specify the level and type of possible threat from each source.
- Easy to configure
- Tell the free firewall to scan upon installation and add all current applications to the safe-list.
- Detailed summary screen
- Easily access an at-a-glance snapshot of current security settings
- Uncluttered, user-friendly interface
- Quickly navigate through the various parts of Firewall protection without getting lost
- Thorough security "wizards"
- Preset security settings for simple point-and-click setup
- Exclusive access to Comodo's "safe-list"
- List of over two million known PC-friendly files and apps. Provides free firewall protection with the knowledge to let safe files and apps run.
- 'Training Mode' lets Firewall automatically create 'allow' rules
- Firewall software learns your trusted programs to minimize alerts
Firewall Software Frequently Asked Questions
- Firewall protection is a batch of security measures for your PC, designed to keep malware, viruses, and hackers at bay.
- Firewall is network security software, programmed to prevent illegal access that travels in and out of a private network. It helps to manage the incoming and outgoing traffic of network that is based on a specific set of protocol. It examines each an every activity and blocks if it does not meet the required security norms.
- And how is Comodo Free Firewall software different from the dozens of other firewalls out there?
- Our firewall software is the only true firewall protection operating with Default Deny Protection technology to ensure your computer's security.
- Sounds like Default Deny is important.
- It is. DDP™ grants you, the user, ultimate control of what's granted access to a PC.
- But I'm not making every decision, right? I couldn't handle that.
- Not at all! Our free firewall software has access to Comodo's safe-list of over two million known PC-friendly applications. When one of them accesses your PC, the firewall won't bother you because there's no reason to worry.
- OK, but what if a file I don't recognize asks for access?
- Our free firewall contains detailed alerts letting you know the severity of the threat, and the type of file asking to execute.
- Will programs run OK in the Sandbox?
- Yes. Applications in the sandbox are run under a carefully selected set of privileges and will write to a virtual file system and registry instead of the real system. This means untrusted (but harmless) applications have the freedom to operate as usual while malicious programs are prevented from accessing or infecting your computer. This provides smoothest and most secure user experience possible.
- Do programs stay in the Sandbox forever?
- No – the sandbox is the first part of a trust decision engine. After an unknown application has been placed in the sandbox, Internet Security will also automatically queue it for submission to Comodo labs where it will be analyzed by our technicians. If it is found to be harmless then it will be added to the global safe list that will be downloaded by all Internet Security users in the next round of updates. Once it is added to the safe list, the application will no longer be run in the sandbox by Internet Security. If it is found to be malicious then it will be added to Comodo's list of malware signatures and will be deleted after the next round of updates.
What's a Firewall?
How Firewall Works?
When downloading the software you will also receive access to a GeekBuddy expert, available 24/7. Click on Chat Now from your Management Interface or click on the GeekBuddy icon on your desktop.
For technical product questions visit our Support Home Page click on the "Submit a Ticket" link and select "Internet Security Support" from the dropdown menu and submit.
For product information or to speak with a sales representative call 1-866-272-9804. For technical support questions call 1-877-712-1309. Make sure to have your order number or subscription information available.
Online Help Guide
Check out our Online Help Guide for tips on how to use and configure our products and for detailed technical information.
Forum & Knowledgebase
Our Forum is populated with fellow Comodo users and developers alike and can quite often be the quickest and friendliest way to find answers to questions that you have.
Submit Files for Analysis
User submitted files are a very important element in helping us to maintain the most accurate and up to date database of viruses and malware. Submit here to send a file to Comodo that you suspect is a Virus, Trojan or other type of malware or to send a file to Comodo that you suspect is a False Positive.
Request the addition of your software to the Trusted Vendor List that ships with Comodo Antivirus. To sign up as a Trust Vender click here
Download Antivirus Database
Our AV Labs around the world publish existing, newly detected or recently modified virus definitions. The complete antivirus database is available for download. This is useful for those users that wish to manually replace the existing database.