Home & Home Office
SSL Certificates Email and Identity Code Signing Certificate Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Site Seals Endpoint Protection E-Commerce Bundle
EV SSLManaged DNS
Small & Medium Business
SSL Certificates Code Signing Certificate PKI Management cCloud Endpoint Protection Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Email and Identity Hosted DNS Mobile Device Management
- Social Media
Virus Protection - Comodo Antivirus for Linux
Powerful anti-virus and email filtering software for Linux based computers.
- Detects and eliminates viruses from Linux based laptops and desktops
- Mail gateway blocks email-borne viruses and spam
- Features on-access, on-demand and cloud based scanning
- Virus definitions updated multiple times per day
- Simple to use: install and forget while Comodo Antivirus protects you in the background
Why Comodo Antivirus?
Comodo Antivirus for Linux (CAVL) offers the same great virus protection as our Windows software with the added benefit of a fully configurable anti-spam system.
Featuring on-access and on-demand virus scanners, CAVL also uses cloud based behavior analysis of unknown files to provide unrivaled protection against zero-day malware. The powerful AV engine is complemented by a highly configurable mail gateway to filter spam and block email-borne threats.
- Proactive AV protection intercepts all known threats
- Automatic updates for the most up-to-date virus protection
- Includes scan scheduler, detailed event viewer and custom scan profiles
- Mail filter is compatible with Postfix, qmail, Sendmail and Exim MTA's
- Install and forget. No annoying false alarms, just solid virus protection.
Supported Operating Systems
(32 bit and 64 bit)
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Red Hat Enterprise
Linux Server 5.9, 6.3
- Fedora 17
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- OpenSUSE Linux 12.1
- Debian 6.0
- CentOS 5.9, 6.2
- Mint 13
- CentOS 5.8, 6.2
Supported Mail systems
- Sendmail 8.14.4
- qmail 1.06
- Postfix 2.5.x or higher
- Exim 4.x
- Amavis 2.6.4
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- CPU: 2 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Disk: 40 GB
- Easy to use
- User-friendly interface allows you to quickly run virus scans on any file, folder, drive or removable device
- Powerful On-Access Scanner
- Always on, real-time protection against threats
- Real-time behavior analysis
- If enabled by the user, untrusted files are automatically uploaded to Comodo for cloud-based behavior analysis
- In-depth Reporting
- Comprehensive event viewer provides detailed logs of all events, actions and scans
- Scan Scheduler
- Timetable full system or custom scans to run at a time that suits you
- Submit suspicious files for analysis by the Comodo Antivirus team
- Flexible updates
- Software and signature updates can be automatically download or routed to a local server running Comodo Offline Updater
- Protection from email-borne virus attacks
- Powerful mail gateway filters spam and quarantines malicious email
- Does Linux require an anti-virus?
- Definitely. It used to be the case that Linux was not heavily targeted by malware writers for two main reasons. Firstly, the general popularity of Linux amongst home users wasn't very high. This meant hackers had a low number of potential victims and hence a low 'return on investment' for their efforts. It was always far more lucrative to attack Windows because of its large user base. Secondly, the fact that there are many variations (distributions) of the Linux OS meant virus programmers would have to create and test separate attack code for each of them. Compare this to Windows where a single virus code is capable of infecting everybody that uses the operating system. In the past few years, however, both these points have been eroded. Firstly, there is a general increase in the popularity of the OS with more and more home users adopting Linux. The fact that major computer distributors like Dell are shipping desktops and laptops with Linux per-installed is testament to this shift. Secondly, the run-away popularity of easy-to-use distributions like Ubuntu has consolidated the fragmented Linux user base. Unfortunately, this makes it easier for hackers to create a single piece of virus code that will hit millions of users.
- Why should I use Comodo Antivirus?
- Our software features best of breed anti-virus protection, a constantly updated virus database, on-demand and on-access scanners and a powerful mail gateway that prevents spam and malicious emails from reaching your inbox. It is, of course, also free of charge.
- Is it possible to scan individual files or folders?
- Yes, you can simply drag and drop files or folders for instant scanning.
- Can I automate the anti-virus scanning process?
- Yes. The built-in scheduler allows you to timetable scans to run at a time convenient for you.
- Can I create custom scan profiles? configure to scan daily only certain files and folder?
- Yes. You can create custom profiles which instruct CAVL to scan specific files, folders and drives. Once created, these profiles can be used in a scheduled scan.
- What is the mail gateway?
- The mail gateway is a email filter capable of blocking spam and virus laden emails. Highly configurable, the filter is compatible with popular open source MTA's for Postfix, Sendmail, qmail and Exim.
Virus Protection : Support for Comodo Antivirus for Linux
For help with CAV for Linux, check out our online user guide
Find the answers to your questions online at forums.comodo.com
You'll benefit from the expert contributions of developers and fellow users alike and can find answers to any questions you may have. Join the forums now
If you are unable to find a solution in either the help guide or the forums, then please email support at PCSecurity@comodo.com
Please note that phone support is not available for our free products
This software discovered a virus even for windows in my computer installed linux. Thank you.
Watch Your Version
While we have often recommended Comodo software to Windows users, and do wish to do so for Linux users, be very careful that you are running the right distrobution AND version before install this. It is a slightly convoluted process as well.
awesome solution for linux ( and network) security
i use the av for scanning my samba share, really awesome!
Experience extreme protection with Comodo Internet Security Pro with GeekBuddy
GeekBuddy can remotely install any new software on your PC, as well as provide live remote support for virtually any computer problem you face!
- Clean Malware
- Firewall Protection
- Defence+ Host Intrusion Protection
- Auto Sandbox TechnologyTM
Product Selection Wizard
Find the Comodo product that best fits your needs or budget. Try it Now