Home & Home Office
SSL Certificates Email and Identity Code Signing Certificate Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Site Seals Endpoint Protection E-Commerce Bundle
EV SSLManaged DNS
Small & Medium Business
SSL Certificates Code Signing Certificate PKI Management cCloud Endpoint Protection Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Email and Identity Hosted DNS Mobile Device Management
- Social Media
Comodo Time Machine
Quickly restore your computer to an earlier point in time.
- Comprehensive system recovery
- Boot-up console
- Easily create system snapshots
Price: 100% Free
Why use Comodo Time Machine (CTM)?
Comodo Time Machine (CTM) is a powerful system rollback utility that allows users to quickly restore their computers to an earlier point in time. CTM 'snapshots' are a complete record of your entire system (including the registry, critical operating system files and user created documents).
- Schedule automatic snapshots to be taken at regular intervals
- Roll back to the last known working state in the event of virus attacks or crashes
- Take snapshots of your computer before large installations or system maintenance
Software Developers and testers can easily restore test systems to the default configuration after each deployment without the need to manually uninstall each application. Home users can even let the kids run amok on the family PC for an afternoon and be safe in the knowledge that any damage can be instantly undone and all files recovered.
Comodo Time Machine features an intuitive, friendly interface which offers quick and easy access to all functionality in the application. Additionally, it also features a sub-console that can be accessed before Windows starts and a Quick Operation console containing shortcuts to important and commonly executed tasks.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows XP with service pack 2
or higher (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2003
(32 and 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2008
(32 and 64 bit. Except Windows Server 2008 Core)
- Intel Pentium III Processor or higher
- 128 MB RAM
Free disk space:
- 4 GB (minimum) / 10 GB (recommended)
Price: 100% Free
Size 20.1 MB
Release Notes:Release Date: November 3, 2014
Please see latest release notes
Why should I use Comodo Time Machine?
- Easy to use - even beginners can quickly create system snapshots with a few mouse clicks
- Provides instant and comprehensive system recovery after virus or spyware infections
- Instantly reclaim your machine after devastating system crashes
- Rollback the changes to ALL your documents - not just changes to system files and the registry
- Boot-up console allows you to rollback even when your system will not boot to Windows
- Test new software and network configurations in the knowledge that you can quickly switch back if problems develop
- Completely remove unwanted software installations without the need to uninstall or clean the registry
- Flexible restore options allow you to mount and browse snapshots to recover individual files or folders
- Right click on any file or folder to synchronize it with a snapshot version
- Schedule regular system snapshots to ensure highly relevant restore points
- Network administrators have another way to quickly fix user or software problems
- Libraries, Internet cafes and other publicly shared networks can schedule a total system restore at the end of each session
- What is Comodo Time Machine (CTM)?
- Comodo Time Machine is a highly configurable system restore application that takes 'snapshots' of your computer at regular intervals. A snapshot is a complete record of your computers files, folders at a particular point in time. Should the need arise, you can revert your entire system to any one of these snapshots. You may want to create a snapshot of your system before major software installations, large data transfers or system maintenance like installing service packs, security updates or new drivers. You can roll back your system to its previous condition and recover valuable documents if you encounter any problems or data corruption.
- Why would I consider using this software?
- You can use this software to completely undo botched or unwanted software installations that have destabilized your computer; to restore all your files to perfect health if they get infected by a virus; to rescue your computer after a devastating crash (even if Windows will not start); to reclaim files that you accidentally deleted and more besides. CTM is also very easy to use; lets you access snapshots from the 'past' and the 'future'; includes advanced scheduling capabilities and allows you to implement user access control to prevent unauthorized access to your snapshots.
- How is CTM functionally different or better than the regular Windows System Restore (WSR) feature?
- WSR only restores certain elements such as the registry and system files. CTM restores your entire system– including files, folders and installed programs. This is invaluable for many reasons. If you accidentally delete important data you can instantly reclaim it. If your files become infected by viruses you can restore them to a time before the infection occurred. Incidentally, CTM is perfectly compatible with WSR and you can run both together quite happily. However, you may want to consider disabling WSR in order to save disk space and resource usage.
- Can I exclude certain files and folders from a restore operation so I don't lose my changes?
- Yes – the 'Synchronize' feature allows you to specify files and folders that you do not want to go back in time (for example, your 'My Documents' folder). Even if you forgot to do this beforehand you can always synchronize afterwards because CTM automatically takes a snapshot of the present system before a restore operation.
- How can I roll back my computer if it won't even boot to Windows?
- Comodo Time Machine features a sub-console that can be loaded during system boot up by pressing the 'Home' key. The sub console allows you to perform all operations that are available through the Windows interface – including a system roll back.
Support for Comodo Time Machine
The following types of support are available for Comodo Time Machine
Click here here to view the Comodo Time Machine User guide
Find the answers to your questions online at http://forums.comodo.com
Visit the knowledgebase
Our support and ticketing system contains easy-to-find answers to many common questions. Visit it at http://support.comodo.com
If you can't find your answer within the manual or the knowledgebase please email us at email@example.com for further assistance.
*Please note that phone support is not available for our free products