From the Comodo Think Tank: Shylock Malware versus Comodo Containment
Clifton, NJ, July 20, 2015 — The engineers of the Comodo organization, a global innovator and developer of cybersecurity solutions, today outlined how Comodo’s containment technology keeps customers safe from Shylock, the notorious banking malware designed to trick customers into giving their banking login and account details to cyber thiefs.
The Shylock malware works like this:
- Shylock injects its code into a web browser and mimics the look and feel of the customer’s banking site
- Shylock then collects the customer’s login credentials, passwords, credit card information, and other pieces of private information
- Syhlock then sends the customer’s private information straight to the cyber thiefs
But when Shylock meets computers and IT infrastrucutres armed with Comodo’s patent pending containment technology, the results are devastating for Shylock.
- Shylock tries to inject its code into the web browser
- Shylock FAILS–miserably. With Comodo containment technology, malware simply cannot inject code into other application processes
- With Shylock’s failure, another happy and secure Comodo customer
Comodo is the only antivirus and endpoint security company that brings battle tested, proven containment technology to the enterprise. Read more about the world’s first patent pending automatic containment technology at http://www.containment.comodo.com
The Comodo companies provide the infrastructure that is essential in enabling e-merchants, other Internet-connected companies, software companies, and individual consumers to interact and conduct business via the Internet safely and securely. The Comodo companies offer PKI SSL, Code Signing, Content Verification and Email Certificate; award winning PC Security software; Vulnerability Scanning services for PCI Compliance; secure e-mail and fax services.
Continual innovation, a core competence in PKI, and a commitment to reversing the growth of Internet-crime distinguish the Comodo companies as vital players in the Internet’s ongoing development. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 200,000 business customers and 3,000,000 users of our desktop security products.
For additional information on Comodo – Creating Trust Online® visit Comodo.com
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (888) 266-6361