Web User Bestows its 2007 Gold Award on Comodo’s Firewall Pro
Jersey City, NJ (July 12, 2007) — Comodo, a global leader in Identity and Trust Assurance Management solutions, announced today that Web User, “the UK’s best-selling Internet magazine”, awarded Comodo’s Firewall Pro its 2007 Web User Gold Award in the category of Free Firewalls. According to Web User tests, Firewall Pro outperforms two of its leading competitors, Zone Alarm and Windows Firewall.
Web User researchers employed two tests in measuring firewall performance. First they used the Gibson Research Corporation’s “Shields Up” test to check for open ports and general vulnerability to external Internet threats. This is considered a baseline level of protection that all firewalls need secure against. The testers then used Firewall Tester by Atelier Web, a software development and consultancy proprietorship that simulates internal threats that would be caused by Trojans. Specifically, this test examines how firewalls deal with ten kinds of attacks that are launched by threats already on a consumer’s computer. Based on these two rigorous testing processes, Comodo’s Firewall Pro passed with the highest level of efficiency.
According to the article by Andy Shaw, “Comodo put on an impressive performance, withstanding anything that Shields Up could throw at it and blitzing the Atelier Web tests . . . The latest version of Comodo . . . makes [a PC] extremely secure. . .”
He concluded the article by saying that “The latest version of Comodo is without a doubt the free firewall to look for.”
“We are thrilled to get this kind of recognition from Web User,” said Melih Abdulhayoglu, CEO and Chief Security Architect of Comodo. “Firewall Pro continues to outperform its rivals in threat tests of all kind, and it’s great to be recognized for its high quality.”
Other recent awards and accolades for Firewall Pro
- Topped the list in Matousec‘s May 24, 2007 leak-test of 11 leading firewalls, and was one of only two firewalls to receive an “excellent” rating. Of a possible total score of 9,625 over 77 various leak tests, Comodo scored 9,475, making it the highest scoring firewall available.
- Awarded FileCluster’s “100% Quality and Clean Award.” FileCluster, an online software and games resource, gives awards to products that its editing team finds to be above average in different categories
- Named one of the “Top 15 Free Firewalls” by Computerworld.com
- Won PC Magazine’s “Editor’s Choice Award” in 2006
- Received a 5-star rating from SnapFile, a popular download site
- Rated “#1 – Best product in the free-firewall category with impressive performance and easy-to-use interface” by iOpus Security and Internet-Based Applications Provider
To download Firewall Pro for free, visit personalfirewall.comodo.com.
About Web User
Web User is a consumer magazine produced in London, UK and published by IPC Media, the UK’s largest consumer magazine publisher. IPC is owned by Time Inc., the publishing division of Time Warner, the world’s largest media organization.
Comodo, through its group of Internet security companies, is a leading Certification Authority and global provider of Identity and Trust Assurance services on the Internet. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 3,000,000 businesses and consumers.
With a global presence Comodo offers businesses and consumers third-generation solutions for intelligent security and authentication technologies that create trust online. Comodo’s technological expertise includes PKI digital certification, Code signing certification, integrated authentication infrastructure services, Web Content authentication, Secure messaging solutions, PCI compliancy scanning, SSL digital certificates including our flagship InstantSSL brand, HackerGuardian, Banking solutions including Two Factor Authentication, and digital e-commerce services.
For additional information on Comodo – Creating Trust Online® visit Comodo.com
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (888) 266-6361