- ProductsDRAGON ENTERPRISEComodo introduced a new approach to endpoint protection, engineered to solve the issue of legacy security solutions.PLATFORM PRODUCTS
TECHNOLOGY & PROCESS
Impenetrable cybersecurity without sacrificing usability
Gain detailed visibility into all your endpoints activities
Reduce the attack surface to remediate and patch
Fortify mobile devices that exit and enter your network
- ServicesWORLDWIDE SERVICESNo one can stop zero-day malware from entering your network, but Comodo can prevent it from causing any damage. Zero Trust. Zero Breaches. Zero damage.THREAT SERVICES
- For Home
- ResourcesRESOURCE DISCOVERYComodo introduced a new approach to add managed cybersecurity and endpoint protection to your customers benefit, right into your existing programs.
TOP UNIVERSITY PUTS ITS TRUST IN COMODO TO MANAGE THE DIGITAL CERTIFICATES FOR ITS MOST ACTIVE CAMPUS
Digital Certificates Help Keep Online Experiences Secure
Online collaboration and the exchanging of information both inside the walls of organizations and outside are being conducted at rapid rates. This leads to more and more opportunities for cyber theft, malware and corporate sabotage. In order to have all of these online transactions conducted securely, digital certificates are used to authenticate the identity of a website and encrypt information that is sent back and forth over the server. The number of certificates used by organizations varies – from a single digit number to tens of thousands of certificates. All of these certificates need to be managed for expiration and renewal dates, as well as overall digital certificate lifecycle management. Comodo Certificate Manager (CCM) is the optimum solution for the management and deployment of these digital certificates today.
About The University of Colorado at Boulder
As the flagship University of the state of Colorado, CU-Boulder is a dynamic community of scholars and learners, and one of 34 U.S. public institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU) – and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region. The University opened its door in 1877 and has a proud tradition of academic excellence – including five Nobel laureates among its alumni.
The University of Colorado at Boulder has thousands of certificates within its IT infrastructure, certificates that were being used to grant on campus and wireless connections to its faculty, students and staff to research, collaborate and network across the campus and around the world. The University was in need of a system that could be implemented to help the IT staff streamline the management of the certificates – from expired certificates to issuance of new certificates, all with an easy to use management console.
The University of Colorado signed on with Comodo back in 2009 to implement one of the earliest versions of Comodo Certificate Manger (CCM) as a means to manage more than 2,800 certificates across the Boulder campus. Since that time, the University has taken advantage of the dashboard features, automated email alerts and domain verification system to keep the web sites for the University safe and secure for its students, faculty and staff. With CCM, the University is also able to add new certificates and delete expired certificates through the centralized certificate dashboard, ensuring all expiring certificates are quickly updated, to limit any down time.
What Does The University of Colorado at Boulder Say About Using Comodo Certificate Manager:
“Since installing the Comodo Certificate Manager solution, it has become a major part of our IT management infrastructure, allowing us to update, add and delete thousands of digital certificates with a streamlined dashboard and email alert system,” said Craig Hurter, IT Security Manager, University of Colorado at Boulder. “With the added features of domain verification and same day expiration reissuance, CCM helps us ensure that all of our faculty, students and staff can use the internet safely and securely.”
The Comodo organization is a global innovator and developer of cybersecurity solutions, founded on the belief that every single digital transaction deserves and requires a unique layer of trust and security. Building on its deep history in SSL certificates, antivirus and endpoint security leadership, and true containment technology, individuals and enterprises rely on Comodo’s proven solutions to authenticate, validate and secure their most critical information. With data protection covering endpoint, network and mobile security, plus identity and access management, Comodo’s proprietary technologies help solve the malware and cyber-attack challenges of today. Securing online transactions for thousands of businesses, and with more than 85 million desktop security software installations, Comodo is Creating Trust Online®. With United States headquarters in Clifton, New Jersey, the Comodo organization has offices in China, India, the Philippines, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit comodo.com
Comodo and the Comodo brand are trademarks of the Comodo Group Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. The current list of Comodo trademarks and patents is available at comodo.com/repository
Get more information on Comodo Certificate Manager by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Comodo Certificate Manager:
- Flexible and reliable system for digital certificate issuance and lifecycle management
- Automates and centralizes the management of cryptographic keys
- Configurable email alerts to receive notifications about certificate requests and upcoming expiration notices
- Auto Discovery feature imports all existing and future SSL certificates (even for different vendors) on company websites and internal networks
- Ensures no unexpected certificate expiration via a detailed notification processes
- Streamlines lifecycle administration with rapid enrollment, approval, issuance, revocation and renewal of all SSL certificates from any CA
- Expert technical assistance
- Cloud-based solutions for ease of use and management
- Real time status checking
- Same day expiration reissuance
- Qualified enterprises can become sub-CAs, allowing for the issuance of certificates directly to their clients