Home & Home Office
SSL Certificates Email Certificate Code Signing Certificate Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Site Seals Endpoint Security E-Commerce Bundle
EV SSLManaged DNS
Business & Enterprise
SSL Certificates Code Signing Certificate PKI Management cCloud Endpoint Security Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security Email Certificate Hosted DNS
- Social Media
Best Antivirus for Windows – Free Antivirus Software
Award winning Antivirus which detects and destroys unwanted PC invaders.
Comodo Antivirus provides reliable
protection for your daily use or work
- Prevents all viruses and malwares
- Improves performance and efficiency
- Fast cloud-based scanning
- Detects suspicious hidden files
- Protects all your devices
One step to gain peace of mind
Upgrade to our full security suite Internet Security Pro which includes Antivirus, Firewall, instant live support and more. Complete protection now only $39.99/year!
Is your Antivirus doing a great job for you?
Dozens of antivirus programs exist, with varying prices and different levels of effectiveness. Comodo Antivirus offers total PC protection for free, not some stripped down version of a paid product. You can easily scan any drive or file, get in-depth reports on viral activity and detect suspicious files, with our user-friendly interface.
Comodo Antivirus has been built with intelligence: it recognizes typical viral behavior. Antivirus, upon detecting a suspicious file that could be a virus, will immediately place that file in "Antivirus Jail": the file is blocked, awaiting trial. If it's a viral invader, delete it. Comodo Antivirus also includes a mechanism for user to submit any files look suspicious to the Safe List and get immediate feedback on possibly viral files from our security experts and other PC-users.
5 key secrets why Comodo Antivirus is different
- Proactive "intelligent" protection intercepts unknown threats
- Automatic updates for the most current virus protection
- Easy to use interface lets you install and forget: no annoying pop-ups or false alarms
- Isolation of all suspicious files eliminates the chance of PC contamination
- Defense + technology constantly protects you
Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2 / Windows 8 and 152 MB RAM / 400 MB hard disk space
Release Date: September 24, 2013. Please see latest release notes
The SIMPLEST way to protect your PC
Best Antivirus Important Features
- Default Deny Protection
- Makes sure that only known PC-safe applications execute
- Prevention-based security
- Stops viruses and malware before they access your computer…so it isn't too late to stop them.
- Auto Sandbox Technology™
- The sandbox is a virtual operating environment for untrusted programs – ensuring viruses and other malicious software are completely isolated from the rest of your computer
- Full strength, top notch virus detection and elimination
- Our download offers Free Antivirus protection that exceeds the protection offered by expensive security suites
- Quarantine system to isolate suspicious files
- Possible viruses are kept executing to ensure that nothing "sneaky" gets through
- Personalized protection
- Set virus scans to run on a schedule, when it's convenient for you
- Spyware Scanning
- Spyware Scanner detects and cleans malware infections in PC registry and disks.
- Cloud based Antivirus
- Cloud based antivirus scanning detects malicious file even if a user does not have up-to-date virus definitions.
- Cloud based Behavior Analysis
- Cloud based behavior analysis system detects zero-day malware INSTANTLY.
- Cloud based Whitelisting
- Cloud based whitelisting of trusted publisher easily identifies a safe file and vendor
- Game Mode
- Suppresses operations that could interfere with a user’s gaming experience such as alerts, virus database updates or scheduled scans.
- Application Control
- Provides users with the ability to lockdown their PC so only known good applications can run.
- One-click scanning
- Make sure your PC is clean with one simple button click
- Easy and user-friendly interface
- Simply install and forget, while Antivirus continues to protect
- Real-time access to updated virus definitions
- Get the most current protection possible against new viral strains
- Unique "slider" to easily change your current security level
- Change the behavior of Antivirus to reflect your security preferences at any given time
Frequently Asked Questions about our Antivirus Download
- Why do I need Antivirus Software installed on my PC?
- A virus can be absolutely devastating to your PC's health. They can slow your computer to a halt, delete important files and applications, and even make your computer unusable.
- So why should I use this Antivirus?
- Our Antivirus download features top-notch antivirus protection, for free! Real-time scanning, online updates, quarantine protection, total virus deletion...it's all here.
- How does the Antivirus protection work?
- Just click a button when you'd like to scan for viruses. When Antivirus detects one, it kills it. Dead. Gone.
- What is "quarantine protection"?
- When Antivirus finds what it thinks can be a virus, it immediately puts the possible virus in a quarantine state where it can't do any damage. It's extra protection from the trickier viruses.
- What do you mean by 'personalized protection'?
- Antivirus lets you schedule scans for viruses whenever it's most convenient. It does the same thing for updates on the latest viruses.
- Do you offer any upgrades?
- Yes. Comodo Internet Security (including Antivirus) is available in Plus and Pro versions – featuring 24 hour per day Live Support, TrustConnect and the Comodo Virus-Free guarantee.
- Will programs run OK in the Sandbox?
- Yes. Applications in the sandbox are run under a carefully selected set of privileges and will write to a virtual file system and registry instead of the real system. This means untrusted (but harmless) applications have the freedom to operate as usual while malicious programs are prevented from accessing or infecting your computer. This provides smoothest and most secure user experience possible.
- Do programs stay in the Sandbox forever?
- No – the sandbox is the first part of a trust decision engine. After an unknown application has been placed in the sandbox, Internet Security will also automatically queue it for submission to Comodo labs where it will be analyzed by our technicians. If it is found to be harmless then it will be added to the global safe list that will be downloaded by all Internet Security users in the next round of updates. Once it is added to the safe list, the application will no longer be run in the sandbox by Internet Security. If it is found to be malicious then it will be added to Comodo's list of malware signatures and will be deleted after the next round of updates.
Download the User Guide
Here you'll find detailed technical information about the free Antivirus Software.
Visit the Knowledgebase
The support forum contains easy-to-find answers to many common questions.
If you cannot find an answer within the manual or knowledgebase please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Send malicious files to our AV Labs for examination. Submit files to Comodo for analysis.
View latest threats
Our AV Labs around the world publish existing, newly detected or recently modified virus definitions.
Report false positives
Use this form to report a file you believe has been incorrectly classified as suspicious.
Request the addition of your software to the Trusted Vendor List that ships with Comodo Antivirus.
*Please note that phone support is not available for free products.