DRAGON ENTERPRISE PLATFORM
IT Service Management
For MSSPs & MSPs
Am I Breached?
Am I Secured?
Am I Ready?
- Why Comodo?
SELECT YOUR INDUSTRY TYPE
Media & Press
Threat Research Labs
From The Comodo Think Tank: SpyEye Malware versus Comodo Containment
Clifton, NJ, August 4, 2015 — The engineers of the Comodo organization, a global innovator and developer of cybersecurity solutions, today outlined how Comodo’s containment technology keeps computers safe from SpyEye, a type of malware which cybercriminals use to steal online banking credentials, credit card data, passwords, and other personal information.
SpyEye has infected more than 1.4 million computers globally, and its silent attack means it is delivering confidential information straight to criminals.
The SpyEye malware works like this:
- SpyEye uses in-memory injection, a technique used for running unauthorized code within computer processes
- SpyEye’s injected code then “hooks” into textboxes and collects all of the information are person would type: login credentials, passwords, credit card information, and any other type of confidential information
- The malware delivers the sensative information straight to the cybercriminals
But when SpyEye meets computers and IT infrastrucutres armed with Comodo’s patent pending containment technology, the results are devastating for SpyEye
- SpyEye tries to inject its malicsious code
- SpyEye FAILS–miserably. With Comodo containment technology, malware simply cannot inject code into other processes
- With SpyEye’s failure, another happy and secure Comodo customer
Comodo is the only antivirus and endpoint security company that brings battle tested, proven containment technology to the enterprise. Read more about the world’s first patent pending automatic containment technology at https://www.containment.comodo.com
The Comodo companies provide the infrastructure that is essential in enabling e-merchants, other Internet-connected companies, software companies, and individual consumers to interact and conduct business via the Internet safely and securely. The Comodo companies offer PKI SSL, Code Signing, Content Verification and Email Certificate; award winning PC Security software; Vulnerability Scanning services for PCI Compliance; secure e-mail and fax services.
Continual innovation, a core competence in PKI, and a commitment to reversing the growth of Internet-crime distinguish the Comodo companies as vital players in the Internet’s ongoing development. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 200,000 business customers and 3,000,000 users of our desktop security products.
For additional information on Comodo – Creating Trust Online® visit Comodo.com
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (888) 266-6361