- ProductsDRAGON ENTERPRISEComodo introduced a new approach to endpoint protection, engineered to solve the issue of legacy security solutions.PLATFORM PRODUCTS
TECHNOLOGY & PROCESS
Impenetrable cybersecurity without sacrificing usability
Gain detailed visibility into all your endpoints activities
Reduce the attack surface to remediate and patch
Fortify mobile devices that exit and enter your network
- ServicesWORLDWIDE SERVICESNo one can stop zero-day malware from entering your network, but Comodo can prevent it from causing any damage. Zero Trust. Zero Breaches. Zero damage.THREAT SERVICES
- ResourcesRESOURCE DISCOVERYComodo introduced a new approach to add managed cybersecurity and endpoint protection to your customers benefit, right into your existing programs.
Comodo Launches Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0, a CC EAL 4+ Certified Unified Threat Management Virtual Appliance
CLIFTON, N.J.– Oct. 3, 2017 – Comodo, a global innovator and developer of cybersecurity solutions and the worldwide leader in digital certificates, today announced the release of Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0, an all-in-one Unified Threat Management (UTM) virtual appliance, which provides a comprehensive suite of boundary and network security features in a single pane of glass, installed on-premises and free of charge.
Comodo Dome Firewall is the only free UTM solution globally that meets Common Criteria (CC) EAL 4+ certification, demonstrating that it meets an agreed-upon international information security standard for government deployments. CC EAL 4+ certification assures customers that Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0 has been evaluated and verified by a vendor-neutral, third-party laboratory. CC certifications are mutually recognized by 26 countries.
The boundary and network features of Comodo Dome Firewall include:
- A stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall with intrusion prevention and detection to provide total control over all company traffic, ports and protocols
- Zero-day protection with patent-pending portable containment that blocks known bad files and then identifies unknown files and wraps them in a portable container in flight, ensuring that end users are free to open, execute and use the files with zero risk of infection
- Analyzing and verdicting every single inbound file with Comodo’s Valkyrie, which provides static and behavioral analysis at the gateway, including manual analysis by Comodo’s malware analysts where needed
- Web content filtering for creating companywide user, group, department and schedule-based web access rules
- The ability for IT administrators to manage their company network with rich network management tools that include VPN, routing, NAT, virtual IP, VLAN, DHCP and HotSpot
“Companies today are grappling with complex, interdependent cybersecurity issues, including rapidly escalating risks and threats, an exploding asset base of internet-connected devices and the difficulty of integrating diverse devices and technology solutions from different vendors,” said Jon Oltsik, senior principal analyst, ESG. “Many organizations have found that traditional point solutions are difficult to deploy, manage, update and maintain, resulting in greater operational complexity, technology and business risks, and overhead costs. Comodo is focused on addressing these issues with the release of Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0.”
Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0 solves these problems by combining the features and management of traditionally fragmented point solutions within a unified dashboard, providing IT managers and teams with visibility and control.
“CC EAL 4+ certification assures potential customers that Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0 satisfies a globally agreed-upon security standard, making it the default choice for administrators that are looking for UTM solutions. Our default-deny approach and network management features provide everything customers need on a single dashboard, and Comodo removes pricing concerns with our no-cost deployment of Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0,” said Bulut Akisik, product manager of Dome Products at Comodo.
Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0 Virtual Appliance is a base-level tier of the Comodo Dome Security-as-a-Service (SECaaS) product family, which also includes free Dome Shield, a DNS- and cloud-based web security offering. Comodo provides paid offerings with additional security for customers who want to expand their protection to meet the latest generation of risks and threats. Customers can opt for full security web gateway functionality with portable file containment, an antispam gateway, data loss prevention and other features.
The Comodo organization is a global innovator of cybersecurity solutions, protecting critical information across the digital landscape. Building on its unique position as the world’s largest certificate authority, Comodo authenticates, validates and secures networks and infrastructures from individuals to mid-sized companies to the world’s largest enterprises. Comodo provides complete end-to-end security solutions across the boundary, internal network and endpoint with innovative technologies solving the most advanced malware threats, both known and unknown. With global headquarters in Clifton, New Jersey and branch offices in Silicon Valley, Comodo has international offices in China, India, the Philippines, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit comodo.com.
Comodo and the Comodo brand are trademarks of the Comodo Group Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. The current list of Comodo trademarks and patents is available at comodo.com/repository.
Keep up to date with the latest Comodo News from the Comodo blog at https://blog.comodo.com/ and on Twitter @ComodoNews.
Connect with Comodo on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/comodo.
For more information, media and analysts may contact:
Montner Tech PR