COMODO FIREWALL PRO (V 3.0) PROVIDES UNPRECEDENTED PROTECTION TO KEEP PCs MALWARE-FREE BETTER THAN MANY LEADING SOLUTIONS
New A-VSMART™ Technology Delivers Proactive Protection Against Viruses, Spyware, Malware, Rootkits and Trojans
Jersey City, NJ, December 06, 2007 – In 2007 alone, over $20B will be spent on computer products according to a report by the National Retail Federation’s Shop.org and in a move to keep these PCs malware free, Comodo, a leading security company announced the release of its free Comodo Firewall Pro (Version 3.0) with A-VSMART technology. A-VSMART is new technology architecture which stands for “Anti; Virus, Spyware, Malware, Rootkit and Trojans” and with this technology, Comodo Firewall Pro can provide preventative protection against malware to keep computers safe. This new version of the award winning firewall, used by millions, is being released just in time to protect new computers since even new computers are vulnerable to viruses, spyware and malware. Latest research estimates that a new, unprotected computer might only remain virus free for 12 minutes once connected to the Internet, and VirusTotal, a security research company, reports that even computers with an anti-virus solution may not be safe because less than 1% of new viruses are actually detected by at least one anti-virus engine.
Comodo Firewall Pro (V 3.0) is able to provide unprecedented protection from viruses, malware, spyware and rootkits because unlike detection/ signature based security solutions that lets in all applications and then tries to detect previously identified viruses by their signature, Comodo Firewall Pro actually prevents viruses and malware from entering a computer before any damage can occur. This proactive approach enables PCs to remain free from more viruses better than virtually any other detection based solution on the market today.
To deliver this high level of preventative protection, Comodo Firewall Pro incorporates key technologies and features:
- Breakthrough Technology: A-VSMART™ Technology ArchitectureThe key component of this next generation firewall lies in the A-VSMART (Anti-Virus, Spyware, Malware, Rootkit, Trojan Prevention) architecture that both proactively monitors internal system applications and processes while also actively monitoring all incoming and outgoing Internet traffic. To deliver this high level of protection, Comodo Firewall Pro with A-VSMART architecture utilizes key proprietary technologies:
- Defense+ for proactive monitoring of internal systems and processesDefense+ is an advanced Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) that proactively monitors systems and system processes to prevent system changes such as rootkit installations, inter-process memory injections, key-loggers and more. HIPS technology is driven by an extensive white list database (with nearly one million applications and growing) which identifies trusted applications and prevents untrusted applications from being introduced onto the computer.
- Patent Pending “Clean PC Mode”This feature is powerful technology to protect new computers because the firewall (if installed in Clean PC mode) creates a profile of the computer with all existing applications registered as safe. The firewall then prevents any unrecognized malware from being installed unless; a) the application is recognized by Comodo’s extensive white list or b) the user grants installation permissions. It also prevents any suspicious system processes to occur.
- Advanced firewall engine for preventative management of incoming, outgoing Internet trafficComodo Firewall Pro offers the highest levels of preventative monitoring of all inbound and outbound traffic which will prevent hackers, malware and identity thieves from penetrating a computer.
- Security rules interfaceVersion 3.0 gives offers users more control over security settings than ever before, enabling granular level controls on a global or per application basis. This version also sees the introduction of preset security policies which allows users to deploy a sophisticated hierarchy of firewall rules with a couple of mouse clicks.
- Enhanced graphical UI (User Interface)Completely redesigned look and feel makes it even easier for users to manage and configure.
- Pop-Up alerts provide critical security informationUsers are immediately informed with a pop-up alert if the firewall detects a potential security threat. Each alert includes a Security Considerations section which provides clear advice on whether you should allow or block a process.
- Event loggingVersion 3.0 features a vastly improved log management module – allowing users to export records of firewall activity according to several user-defined filters.
- Comodo Firewall Pro is compatible with most Operating Systems including Microsoft Vista™.
“Comodo Firewall Pro with A-VSMART technology pre-empts potential threats from damaging a computer in the first place,” said Melih Abdulhayoglu, CEO and Chief Security Architect of Comodo. “Today’s announcement is part of Comodo’s ongoing commitment to deliver desktop security solutions designed to make prevention the first line of defense. Consumers need a layered approach to computer security and with Comodo Firewall Pro they can be assured that their first of defense is able to protect them from many of the threats that are on the Internet today.”
For more information, please visit personalfirewall.comodo.com
The Comodo companies provide the infrastructure that is essential in enabling e-merchants, other Internet-connected companies, software companies, and individual consumers to interact and conduct business via the Internet safely and securely. The Comodo companies offer PKI SSL, Code Signing, Content Verification and Email Certificate; award winning PC Security software; Vulnerability Scanning services for PCI Compliance; secure e-mail and fax services.
Continual innovation, a core competence in PKI, and a commitment to reversing the growth of Internet-crime distinguish the Comodo companies as vital players in the Internet’s ongoing development. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 200,000 business customers and 3,000,000 users of our desktop security products.
For additional information on Comodo – Creating Trust Online® visit Comodo.com
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (888) 266-6361