- ProductsDRAGON ENTERPRISEComodo introduced a new approach to endpoint protection, engineered to solve the issue of legacy security solutions.PLATFORM PRODUCTS
Impenetrable cybersecurity without sacrificing usability
Gain detailed visibility into all your endpoints activities
Reduce the attack surface to remediate and patch
Fortify mobile devices that exit and enter your network
TECHNOLOGY & PROCESS
Keep endpoints safe from known threat signatures
Setup device network and security policies quickly
Patented to ensure absolute isolation from threats
Insights from deep web and dark web to eliminate risk
Our pioneered approach has shifted the industry
100% trust an all files at lightning speeds
- ServicesWORLDWIDE SERVICESNo one can stop zero-day malware from entering your network, but Comodo can prevent it from causing any damage. Zero Trust. Zero Breaches. Zero damage.THREAT SERVICES
SUPPORT, DEPLOY, MAINTAIN
Retain experts to investigate an incident to start remediation
Our experts closely monitor changes to your environment 24x7x365
Cybersecurity experts will continuously hunt suspicious endpoint activity
Ensure your installations are properly deployed
Trouble with maintaining your products? Get help now
Align your success with optimal security performance
- ResourcesRESOURCE DISCOVERYComodo introduced a new approach to add managed cybersecurity and endpoint protection to your customers benefit, right into your existing programs.COMPARE THE COMPETITON
COMODO ADVANCED ENDPOINT PROTECTION FOR MAC OSX AND LINUX SYSTEMS
New product adds enhanced auto-containment and protection against fileless malware to default-deny platform
CLIFTON, N.J.– Feb. 2, 2017 – Comodo, a global innovator and developer of cybersecurity solutions (Virus removal software, POS security program, endpoint security software etc) and the worldwide leader in digital certificates, today announced an updated Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) product that extends availability of its superior default-deny endpoint security to Mac OSX and Linux platforms, in addition to Microsoft Windows. It also adds many new capabilities, including enhanced Secure Auto-Containment™, protection against emerging fileless malware attacks and remote admin access and remote control.
The constant stream of enterprise disclosures of reputation-damaging and costly data breaches proves that both conventional and so-called next generation endpoint solutions using techniques such as machine learning are inadequate in stopping new, previously unknown malware and zero-day threats.
According to analyst firm Gartner Inc., “When 44 percent of reference customers for EPP solutions have been successfully compromised, it is clear that the industry is failing in its primary goal: blocking malicious infections.”1
Comodo believes a primary reason is that the anti-malware industry stubbornly sticks to an outdated “default-allow” approach that permits unknown applications and files to run with unfettered access to system resources. Comodo AEP turns that 180 degrees around with its industry-leading “default-deny” approach that only allows known good applications to run with “default-allow” usability. Any unknown applications can only run in a Secure Auto-Containment environment that isolates system access, completely preventing even new and unknown zero-day malware from infecting the system. This process is transparent to users, maintaining their productivity while keeping the endpoint safe.
“The anti-malware industry is clearly broken because it has been chasing its own tail with a default-allow security approach that, by definition, is going to allow malware infections,” said Melih Abdulhayoglu, CEO and founder of Comodo. “The only effective way to stop zero-day, unknown threats is for our industry to move to a default-deny security posture—an auto-containment platform like Comodo’s AEP that stops giving unknown files unfettered access to computer resources.”
Comodo AEP is a complete endpoint protection platform comprising multiple security technologies, including anti-virus, host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS), web filtering, personal firewall, white/blacklisting and Secure Auto-Containment. It also provides management and reporting in an integrated package that maximizes security and administration effectiveness while minimizing support burdens.
The latest AEP product’s new features and benefits include:
- Auto-containment of fileless malware that can affect system memory without leaving a file “fingerprint” that can be detected; provides granular security for command line parsers or executors (Windows commands, Python and PERL scripts)
- Updated management providing IT staff with easy access to and management of remote endpoints to save time and money, including:
- Automated management to remotely run scripts on devices and remote desktops
- New remote access tools for troubleshooting devices (remote monitoring and management or RMM)
- Improved monitoring and alert thresholds to generate notifications (email, ticket on service desk)
- Easy onboarding tool with auto-discovery and deployment; preconfigured package discovers devices on network and pushes agents per policies
- External device control detects any and controls every device and port; can disable functionality, lock down USB and enable exceptions based on device IDs
- Password protection for admins to lock down endpoints or clients
- Two-factor authentication providing enhanced security for administrator access
The new Comodo AEP product is available immediately, with Linux support scheduled for 1H17 release.
Learn more about Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection at enterprise.comodo.com or RSA Conference 2017, Feb. 13-17, at San Francisco’s Moscone Center, South Hall booth #1127.
The Comodo organization is a global innovator of cybersecurity solutions, protecting critical information across the digital landscape. Building on its unique position as the world’s largest certificate authority, Comodo authenticates, validates and secures networks and infrastructures from individuals to mid-sized companies to the world’s largest enterprises. Comodo provides complete end-to-end security solutions across the boundary, internal network and endpoint with innovative technologies solving the most advanced malware threats, both known and unknown. With global headquarters in Clifton, New Jersey and branch offices in Silicon Valley, Comodo has international offices in China, India, the Philippines, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit comodo.com.
Comodo and the Comodo brand are trademarks of the Comodo Group Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. The current list of Comodo trademarks and patents is available at comodo.com/repository.
Keep up to date with the latest Comodo News from the Comodo blog at https://blog.comodo.com/ and on Twitter @ComodoNews.
Connect with Comodo on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/comodo.
For more information, media and analysts may contact:
Montner Tech PR