Newly Released Version of Comodo’s Free Firewall Gets Rave Reviews
Firewall V2.3 includes new, user requested feature enhancements that are garnering top ratings within the industry
Jersey City, NJ (Sept. 7th, 2006) — Comodo, a global leader in Identity and Trust Assurance Management solutions, today announced the availability of Comodo Firewall V2.3, further improving one of the most powerful personal firewalls ever created. The announcement means users will benefit from an enterprise-class firewall solution that is free from all subscription or license fees. This version is another milestone in the company's aim of creating trust online through providing authentication and essential security tools to consumers free of charge.
Comodo Firewall V2.3 features a friendly graphical user interface, highly visual traffic monitoring tools and wizard-based configuration of trusted zones – ensuring that users will not have deal with complex configuration issues after installation. The latest version sees a host of new features:
- Submit suspicious files to Comodo – Version 2.3 contains built in links that let the user instantly submit unrecognized or suspicious files to Comodo for analysis, helping to speed up the identification and nullification of hitherto unknown threats.
- Protocol Analysis – key to the detection of fake packets used in denial of service attacks. The firewall now checks that every packet conforms to protocol standards before allowing traffic to pass.
- Packet Checksum verification – Comodo firewall now recalculates the checksum of data packets and compares this against the checksum stated in the packet signature. If the two do not match then the firewall will block it as it may have been altered during transmission.
- Flexibility and ease of use – 'New Alert Frequency Slider' allows one-touch configuration of the amount of alerts the program generates.
- Defends itself from attack – New option that ensures Comodo Firewall registry entries and files cannot be deleted or modified either accidentally or deliberately. This vital security feature prevents malicious programs or intruders from being able to shut down or sabotage the Firewall.
- More powerful and intuitive security rules interface – "smart" alerts provide users with invaluable, common sense advice whenever a connection attempt is made.
A full list of new features can be found at: personalfirewall.comodo.com/whycomodofirewall.html
Comodo attributes a significant part of Comodo Firewall's success to the vibrant online community it has fostered at Comodo Forums – which features heavy developer interaction with end users to create a truly inclusive, customer driven application. The company found that embracing an ongoing and lively debate about their products contributed immensely to bug fixing, problem identification and resolution and has ultimately helped them to develop software that is more in tune with the needs of the public. The forums also form an invaluable aid to support mechanisms, with the questions raised here often finding their way into the knowledgebase section of Comodo's new, centralized support website at support.comodo.com
"We have always taken care to listen and respond to our user-base and striven to incorporate their suggestions into each iteration of the application" said Melih Abdulhayoglu, President and CEO of Comodo. "Comodo's Firewall Version 2.3 is the latest example of our commitment to meet and exceed the demands of the Comodo community."
The firewall quickly garnered A '5 Star' rating from the popular download site SnapFiles in addition to the PC Magazine Editors' Choice award received in August 2006.
"We offer this and other desktop security solutions free to end-users because our future is predicated on creating trust online between merchants and consumers so that more transactions can be authenticated and secured by Comodo. With Comodo Firewall, consumers get business class desktop security solutions for free; e-merchants get a new, growing pool of confident online customers and Comodo gets to secure and authenticate all these interactions. It's the quintessential win/win scenario."
Comodo is a leading global provider of Identity and Trust Assurance services on the Internet, with over 200,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Jersey City, NJ with global offices in the UK, Ukraine and India, the company offers businesses and consumers the intelligent security, authentication and assurance services necessary to ensure trust in online transactions.
As a leading Certification Authority, and in combination with the Digital Trust Lab (DTL), Comodo helps enterprises address digital ecommerce and infrastructure needs with reliable, third generation solutions that improve customer relationships, enhance customer trust and create efficiencies across digital ecommerce operations. Comodo's solutions include integrated Web Hosting Management Solutions, Infrastructure Services, digital e-commerce services, Digital Certificate, Identity Assurance, customer privacy and vulnerability management solutions. For additional information on Comodo – Creating Trust Online™ – please visit: Comodo.com.
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (888) 266-6361