Comodo Strengthens Endpoint Security Capabilities with Comodo SecureBox
Newest innovation enables users to safely interact with mission-critical applications on malware-infected devices, including PCs, Point-of-Sale systems and ATMs
Clifton, NJ, July 28, 2014 — Comodo, a leading Certificate Authority and Internet security provider, today announced the availability of Comodo SecureBox, a secure desktop application that enables users to safely interact with mission-critical applications on malware-infected devices, such as company computers, Point-of-Sale (POS) systems and ATMs, among others. Built on Comodo’s highly robust application containment technology, Comodo SecureBox is part of Comodo’s suite of leading enterprise security solutions.
Hackers and cybercriminals are constantly targeting end users through phishing and other attacks that use sophisticated malware to gain deeper access to sensitive data and corporate networks. Closing the gap left by traditional endpoint security solutions and anti-virus technologies, Comodo SecureBox protects users against these threats – such as keylogging, SSL sniffing, remote screen viewing, memory scraping, man-in-the-browser/middle attacks, zero-day malware, fund transfer fraud, data exfiltration and others — by providing a layer of protection that ensures certain activities are secured.
“SecureBox is particularly well-suited SSL sniffing, remote screen viewingfor businesses who need to ensure the security of third-party endpoints that are beyond the control of their IT organization,” said Kevin Gilchrist, Comodo Vice President of Product Management. “Financial services companies, healthcare or health insurance companies, or any company that has a large supply chain where the supplier represents a possible vector for malware would benefit from SecureBox. It protects the retail POS Security System from point of sale malware such as Backoff malware, Blackpos, Poseidon, Dexter and many more financial threats affecting the pos and are difficult to be detected by antivirus software.“
Unlike existing Endpoint Security solutions that seek to protect the device, Comodo SecureBox is designed to protect and run only trusted applications and assumes that the host environment is hostile or malware-infected. This unique approach to containerization differs from traditional containment solutions that seek to sandbox only malicious or untrusted applications.
Comodo SecureBox includes the following features:
- Application Containerization: Secures mission critical data in-transit by creating an exclusive, threat resistant tunnel between clients and webservers, allowing companies to ensure customers connect to their services in a secure manner.
- Keylogger Protection: Using keyboard virtualization technology, Comodo SecureBox intercepts keystrokes from the keyboard filter driver and encrypts the information, sending it directly to the target window in a customized message. This process bypasses the entire Windows® input subsystem, ensuring that nothing can capture SecureBox-protected keystrokes.
- Remote Takeover Protection: With Comodo’s application-agnostic screen capture detection technology, Comodo SecureBox defeats remote desktop takeover by intercepting the attempt and switching from the default screen to an isolated desktop screen that displays warning messages, prohibiting the hacker from viewing anything on a users desktop.
- Anti-SSL Sniffing: Comodo SecureBox detects malicious SSL connections and SSL sniffing by intercepting and verifying certificates using Comodo’s trusted root certificate list, effectively preventing man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Anti-Memory Scrapping: Comodo SecureBox prevents memory scraping by prohibiting external applications from accessing the memory of containerized applications.
- Active Virus Removal: Before the application opens, Comodo SecureBox performs a rapid cloud-based scan to detect and terminate all active viruses on the host device. The results of the virus scan are sent to Enterprise administrators for robust reporting purposes.
Comodo SecureBox can be custom-built as a company-branded application for unique security needs and specifically tailored for end users.
Comodo SecureBox is part of Comodo’s portfolio of products that provide businesses and consumers with the intelligent security, authentication and assurance services necessary to establish and ensure trust in online transactions.
For more information, visit securebox.comodo.com.
The Comodo companies provide the infrastructure that is essential in enabling e-merchants, other Internet-connected companies, software companies, and individual consumers to interact and conduct business via the Internet safely and securely. The Comodo companies offer PKI SSL, Code Signing, Content Verification and Email Certificate; award winning PC Security software; Vulnerability Scanning services for PCI Compliance; secure e-mail and fax services.
Continual innovation, a core competence in PKI, and a commitment to reversing the growth of Internet-crime distinguish the Comodo companies as vital players in the Internet’s ongoing development. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 200,000 business customers and 3,000,000 users of our desktop security products.
For additional information on Comodo – Creating Trust Online® visit Comodo.com
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (888) 266-6361