Comodo Helps Solve Enterprise Spam Challenges with the Launch of Comodo KoruMail
Clifton, NJ, February 26, 2015 — The Comodo organization, a global innovator and developer of cyber security solutions, today announced the general availability of Comodo KoruMail, an enterprise antispam appliance that uses advanced spam filters and anti-virus scanners to prevent unsolicited mail from entering an enterprise network and potentially delivering damaging malware.
“Cyber criminals are getting smarter about how to penetrate enterprises today, using simple emails as the gateway to infection,” said Hasan Turkyilmaz, KoruMail Product Manager at Comodo. “What Comodo KoruMail does is serve as a gateway sentry, integrating directly into an enterprise to help dramatically control spam and virus penetration and prevent future attacks.
Comodo KoruMail is Comodo’s Secure Email Gateway (SEG) offering, built upon the SurGATE Messaging Gateway, which Comodo acquired back in August. Comodo KoruMail is compatible with all major MTAs (Mail Transfer Agents), integrates easily into existing e-mail structures, and is highly scalable for enterprise use. Among the benefits of Comodo KoruMail:
- Company specific auto-whitelisting which automatically adapts itself to the company’s environment and traffic
- Pre-perimeter defense efficiently removes spam and malicious content before it enters the enterprise network
- A centralized management console simplifies per-user and per-group mail management
- Restores bandwidth that was lost to unsolicited mail traffic
- Reduces end-users’ lost productivity by identifying and deleting spam messages from their inboxes so they don’t have to filter it themselves
- Data loss prevention (DLP) technology included, which helps mitigate the risk of sensitive information being sent out of a company’s organization
- Standard email archiving and instant, robust search allows customers to locate important information quickly and easily
Comodo KoruMail 5.1.0 has firewall level Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Protection, and is now generally available worldwide.
More information on Comodo KoruMail can be found at comodo.com/korumail.
Follow Comodo on Twitter @ComodoComms
The Comodo companies provide the infrastructure that is essential in enabling e-merchants, other Internet-connected companies, software companies, and individual consumers to interact and conduct business via the Internet safely and securely. The Comodo companies offer PKI SSL, Code Signing, Content Verification and Email Certificate; award winning PC Security software; Vulnerability Scanning services for PCI Compliance; secure e-mail and fax services.
Continual innovation, a core competence in PKI, and a commitment to reversing the growth of Internet-crime distinguish the Comodo companies as vital players in the Internet’s ongoing development. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 200,000 business customers and 3,000,000 users of our desktop security products.
For additional information on Comodo – Creating Trust Online® visit Comodo.com
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (888) 266-6361