- ProductsDRAGON ENTERPRISEComodo introduced a new approach to endpoint protection, engineered to solve the issue of legacy security solutions.PLATFORM PRODUCTS
TECHNOLOGY & PROCESS
Impenetrable cybersecurity without sacrificing usability
Gain detailed visibility into all your endpoints activities
Reduce the attack surface to remediate and patch
Fortify mobile devices that exit and enter your network
- ServicesWORLDWIDE SERVICESNo one can stop zero-day malware from entering your network, but Comodo can prevent it from causing any damage. Zero Trust. Zero Breaches. Zero damage.THREAT SERVICES
- ResourcesRESOURCE DISCOVERYComodo introduced a new approach to add managed cybersecurity and endpoint protection to your customers benefit, right into your existing programs.
School district relies on Comodo’s security technology to contain and defeat unwanted malware
Students and faculty of schools are vulnerable to malware attacks
As malware has tried to become increasingly pervasive, industries, businesses, non-profits, and organizations of all sizes have needed to take steps to prevent network infection. Ensuring the protection of endpoint technology usage – from desktops to laptops, smart phones to tablets – from the threat of a rogue email attachment or a malicious Trojan or virus has become paramount. The IT staff at Perry Community School District is front and center on fighting that exact battle and keeping their IT infrastructure safe.
The City of Perry, Iowa is one of the oldest Midwest cities in the United States – first established in 1869 – approximately 25 miles northwest of Des Moines. As of the last U.S. Census, nearly 8,000 residents call Perry home – and more than 1,800 of those residents are students in the kindergarten through 12th grade Perry Community School District.
The school district’s IT staff needed a reliable security solution with a cost-effective structure to reduce the vast amounts of malware and spyware-serving websites being accessed by its student body. Almost everyone in the district uses a desktop, laptop, or mobile device to access school curriculums and school emails.
“We cannot be in control of every rogue email that a student unknowingly opens or an infected website link they click on a device issued by the school. Since we cannot control the email or the website, we wanted to find a solution that could control and protect the device and stop any malware, Trojan, or virus from spreading,” said Rich Nichols, Director of Technology, Perry Community School District. “We needed to put the call out to all possible vendors and ask for an IT security solution that would focus on the prevention of rouge malware and bad websites from being accessed.”
Through an in-depth review process, Perry’s IT Department reviewed the technology from all the major vendors and selected Comodo and its Advanced Endpoint Protection (ESM) as the ideal solution of choice.
The Comodo business and enterprise support team helped Perry’s IT department with the full rollout of ESM to ensure that deployment and configuration best practices were followed for optimum results.
The support team also provided guidance to Perry on the following:
- How ESM could be used as a system management tool to monitor computers and servers.
- Utilizing ESM as a remote screen-sharing tool to assist users without having to leave the desks of IT Operations.
- Enabling Perry with the ability to accurately track all computing hardware and software in their environment through ESM’s reporting functionality
“We are thrilled with the endpoint security protection suite that Comodo provided for our IT environment,” said Nichols. “Comodo Endpoint Security Management gives us peace of mind, where our students can freely take advantage of all the great technology, we have in place to share and exchange information to improve themselves as students. Because we are now using Comodo and its containment technology, we are not at risk to have any of our school or student data exposed to cyber-attacks, and that makes me, and my team sleep easier at night.”
Since going live, Comodo ESM has been wiping out viruses and malware that its previous antivirus system failed to detect, as well as giving Perry the ability to offer a centralized management console for their IT team to use to manage, control and update any endpoints.
Comodo’s Endpoint Security Management software suite brings seven layers of defense (antivirus, firewall, web URL filtering, host intrusion prevention, automatic containment, file reputation, and virus scope [behavioral analyzer]) right to the point of impact—the desktop environment.
Through running Comodo ESM, there are now more computers available to students, as Perry’s IT staff no longer need to have computers taken off the network for decontamination. The technology also empowers the faculty and support staff to be more productive due to the increased availability of their protected computers and endpoints as well.
Comodo endpoint security is the only solution that offers on-device, real-time containment. Unlike legacy approaches such as blacklisting and sandboxing, Comodo endpoint security uses smart filtering to automatically contain and execute unknown files, without negatively impacting the system performance or the user’s productivity.
Learn more about Perry Community School District at: http://www.perry.k12.ia.us/
Key Features and Benefits of Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection:
- Standalone containerization complements and enhances any existing security solution to block unknown files from infecting an endpoint
- A seven layered defense suite (Antivirus, Firewall, Web URL Filtering, Host Intrusion Prevention, Auto Sandbox (Containment) and File Reputation, and Virus Scope (behavioral analyzer) built on Comodo’s Default Deny architecture
- Deep-dive analysis of managed endpoints operation through a single click-and-dashboard view
- Patent-pending containerization technology prevents zero-day malware attacks
- Smart filtering to automatically contain and execute unknown files without negatively impacting system performance or user productivity
Get more information on Comodo endpoint security solutions and other leading Comodo enterprise security technologies by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Comodo is the world’s leader of next-generation open-source cybersecurity, with the industry’s most disruptive innovations.
We help customers stop breaches with groundbreaking isolation technology that neutralizes ransomware, malware and cyber-attacks. Our complete cloud-native framework delivers a zero-trust architecture with active breach protection for the
most comprehensive defense against zero-day threats. Comodo’s cybersecurity products maximize intelligent sharing between every component of the platform, therefore providing superior security. We are the only company that analyzes and gives a trusted verdict for 100% of files on a network.
Comodo leverages innovation to celebrate and support the cybersecurity community by offering the very first open-source endpoint detection and response (EDR). We believe an open-source model using community-powered collaboration will
ensure every organization has access to the industry’s most sophisticated EDR.
For more information, visit www.comodo.com