Home & Home Office
SSL Certificates Email Certificate Code Signing Certificate Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security & Messaging Site Seals Endpoint Security E-Commerce Bundle
EV SSLManaged DNS
Business & Enterprise
SSL Certificates Code Signing Certificate PKI Management cCloud Endpoint Security Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security & Messaging Email Certificate Hosted DNS
- Social Media
Comodo Cleaning Essentials
Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) is a set of computer security tools designed to help users identify and remove malware and unsafe processes from infected computers.
- Instantly identify and stop every untrusted process running on an endpoint with a single click
- Powerful antivirus scanner capable of removing malware, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys hidden deep within a system
- Forensic level stats and graphs allow internal processes and resource usage to be analyzed with unrivaled granularity
- Integration with Comodo cloud scanners provides real-time safety verdicts for unknown processes
- Perfect for ensuring network endpoints are totally clean of threats
- Can be configured to replace Windows Task Manager in the Windows shell
- No installation required – can run direct from USB or user desktop via RDP
Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) is a set of powerful security tools designed to help users identify and remove malware and unsafe processes from Windows computers. Designed as a portable application, the software requires no installation and can be run directly from removable media such as a USB key.
CCE consists of two core technologies:
- KillSwitch - an advanced system monitoring tool that allows users to identify, monitor and stop potentially unsafe processes that are running on endpoint systems. Uniquely for a product of its type, KillSwitch leverages Comodo's huge whitelist database to isolate untrusted processes with an extremely high degree of accuracy – improving IT operational efficiency by reducing false positives and cutting the amount of time spent troubleshooting an endpoint machine.
- Malware scanner – fully featured malware scanner capable of unearthing and removing viruses, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys hidden deep within a system. The scanner is highly configurable, uses the latest heuristic techniques to detect previously unknown viruses, features first-class malware removal capabilities and is capable of detecting hidden drivers and services loaded during system start-up.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 - 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Vista - 32 and 64 bit
- Windows XP - 32 and 64 bit
Minimum Hardware Requirements (32 bit or 64 bit version)
- Intel Pentium II 233 MHz or equivalent
- 128 MB RAM
- 210 MB free disk space
CCE is another indispensable security tool from Comodo that offers unique functionality to users of any experience levels.
All users will benefit from the ability to quickly scan and remove viruses with a VB100 rated scanning engine. Advanced users such as system admins will enjoy the high levels of visibility and control that KillSwitch provides over processes and services.
- Classifies the threat level of all objects and processes currently loaded into memory and highlights those that are not trusted
- Allows the admin to terminate, delete or suspend every untrusted item with a single click.
- On-demand malware scanner quickly finds viruses, rootkits and hidden services
- Extremely efficient malware removal routines thoroughly disinfect virus stricken endpoints
- Detailed statistics and graphs allow admins to analyze and fine tune system activity to almost infinite levels of detail
- Leverages Comodo's huge whitelist database to accurately identify the trust status of every running process with minimal false positives
- Integration with Comodo cloud scanning technology delivers instant behavioral analysis of unknown processes
- Powerful system tools provide control over even the most obscure system settings
- Simple interface for admins to manage trusted vendors list
- Comprehensive event logs provide detailed overview of system activity on endpoint machines
- Quick repair feature allows fast restoration of important Windows settings
- Can replace the standard Windows Task Manager if required
- Another indispensable addition to admin's security toolkit to complement software such as Comodo Internet Security
- Lightweight – requires no installation and can be run right from a USB stick
- Fast, free and easy to use
- What does KillSwitch offer me that I don't already have?
- KillSwitch can show ALL running processes and objects in real time– exposing even those that were invisible or deeply hidden away. This core functionality has been seamlessly integrated with Comodo's huge whitelist of known executables to create a unique product that accurately classifies the threat level of running processes with the absolute minimum of false positives.
By leveraging the whitelist database to isolate just those items that are untrusted, admins can greatly reduce the pool of potentially problematic processes they have to verify as safe or not. This route to safety through a 'process of elimination' is strengthened by the ability of CCE to check these untrusted processes in real-time using Comodo's cloud scanners. Also, once an untrusted process has been identified in memory, administrators can use the information to trace back to the source executables. With a single mouse click, all untrusted processes can be terminated or suspended. All untrusted objects can be deleted or renamed.
As a system monitoring utility, KillSwitch also grants unparalleled insight and control over services, processes, BHO's and layered service providers. It can be made to replace Window's Task Manager within a couple of clicks and offers network admins another powerful layer of protection for endpoint computers. CCE is the perfect complement to products such as Comodo Internet Security and Endpoint Security Manager.
- Can you tell me more about the malware scanner?
- The on-demand malware scanner uses the same core technology as Comodo Antivirus but does not require installation and can be run directly from removal media such as a USB stick. Awarded Virus Bulletin VB100 status, the scanning engine uses the very latest heuristic techniques to identify previously unknown, zero day threats with an very high level of efficiency. The scanner is also extremely effective at disinfecting and removing viruses once they have been identified.
- Who should use Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
- Comodo products are designed to be accessible to users of any experience level. However, the highly technical nature of the information presented by KillSwitch probably makes it more suited to system administrators, advanced users or computer science students. On the other hand, the malware scanner features a simple interface and can be used with ease by anybody.
- What is a portable application?
- Portable applications do not need to be installed and can be run directly from media such as a USB stick (just double click on 'cce.exe'.
- Why does CCE need 210 MB disk-space?
- This is to house the database of black-listed virus signatures that must be downloaded on first run. This database powers the malware scanner.
- Where can I find out more about CCE?
- Comodo Forums - join the Comodo Forums to ask technical questions and find out more about CCE. The forums are populated with experienced users, helpful moderators and our developers regular make contributions. Join for free today at forums.comodo.com
- Online user guide – see help.comodo.com/product-119-Comodo-Cleaning-Essentials.html
Support for Comodo Cleaning Essentials
For help with CCE, check out our online user guide
Find the answers to your questions online at forums.comodo.com
You'll benefit from the expert contributions of developers and fellow users alike and can find answers to any questions you may have. Join the forums now
If you are unable to find a solution in either the help guide or the forums, then please email support at PCSecurity@comodo.com
Please note that phone support is not available for our free products
Contact us for consultation on your security needs.
Driving Company Security is Challenging.
Speak with an expert now