With its dedicated team of R&D engineers, the Comodo Research Lab specializes in design and development of next generation Internet security solutions. It provides a unique combination of the following core development areas:
- Certificate Services, including a Certification Authority for the issuance of x.509 Certificates for SSL, email, IdAuthority and certified delivery systems
- ASIC design house & fabless semiconductor work comprising the SIDEN project (trusted platform module security chip)
- Software design & development house comprising device drivers, web based EPKI management software, enterprise policy solutions, fast implementation of algorithms, data delivery certification software for servers and clients
- Specialist in Infrastructural projects including the IdAuthority, the world's only real-time identity assurance infrastructure
- Cryptographic research and analysis through the Comodo Research Lab cryptography department
At present the Comodo Research Lab have developed a number of hardware and software security solutions, many of which are patent pending.