Next Generation of Comodo SecureBox Now Available
Clifton, NJ, June 15, 2015 — The Comodo organization, a global innovator and developer of cyber security solutions, today announced the next version of its Comodo SecureBox software is now available for businesses across the globe.
Comodo SecureBox 2.0 uses Comodo's patent-pending containment technology to close gaps left by traditional security solutions, putting applications into a protected, full functioning container within the computer. By isolating critical applications from malware already residing on an endpoint, Comodo SecureBox prevents data leakage. Users of the Comodo SecureBox technology can then freely work and use applications, share information, and conduct ecommerce transactions – protected from malware, remote takeover, keylogging, SSL sniffing, memory scrapping, zero-day malware, or data exfiltration.
"Comodo SecureBox creates a secure and threat-resistant tunnel between the computer and webserver, enabling employees to safely utilize the power of Internet technology," said Hasan Türkyılmaz, SecureBox Product Manager at Comodo. "Companies of all sizes can work with Comodo SecureBox and easily integrate it into their IT environment to help protect them from uncontrolled endpoints they do not have control over – such as POS security systems and user-owned endpoints
A key, updated feature of Comodo SecureBox 2.0 is the new management console, which has the ability to offer IT Administrators:
- Both Software as a Service (SaaS) and On Premise deployment models
- Threat and activity reports that are populated from any connected endpoint
- The ability to assign multiple secure applications to various computer groups
- Auto sign feature for secure applications
- The ability to control secure applications via remote
- RSA key manager integration
- Being able to quarantine the endpoint from accessing critical applications
Additional features of Comodo SecureBox include:
- Anti-Memory Scraping prohibiting external applications from accessing the memory of containerized applications
- Anti-Keylogging using keyboard virtualization technology
- Anti-SSL Sniffing, detecting any malicious SSL connections using Comodo's trusted root certificate list
- Remote Takeover Protection, blocking any attempts by hackers to access information on that computer
- Application related service protection
- Client identification and verification methods, using machine specific parameters and server side module integration
- Customized URL blocking for non-defined URLs in web based applications
- Auto Secure application launch for critical application
Comodo SecureBox containerization technology was recently named the Gold Winner in the "Intrusion, Detection and Prevention" category in InfoSecurity's 2015 Global Excellence awards.1
For more information and to sign up for a demonstration of Comodo SecureBox, visit https://securebox.comodo.com/
The Comodo companies provide the infrastructure that is essential in enabling e-merchants, other Internet-connected companies, software companies, and individual consumers to interact and conduct business via the Internet safely and securely. The Comodo companies offer PKI SSL, Code Signing, Content Verification and Email Certificate; award winning PC Security software; Vulnerability Scanning services for PCI Compliance; secure e-mail and fax services.
Continual innovation, a core competence in PKI, and a commitment to reversing the growth of Internet-crime distinguish the Comodo companies as vital players in the Internet's ongoing development. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 200,000 business customers and 3,000,000 users of our desktop security products.
For additional information on Comodo – Creating Trust Online® visit Comodo.com
1 Global Excellence Awards, InfoSecurity, http://www.infosecurityproductsguide.com/world/
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (888) 266-6361