Advanced Endpoint Protection also named a finalist in Endpoint Security, Anti Malware and APT Security categories
CLIFTON, N.J., Feb. 22, 2017 – Comodo Security Solutions Inc., a global innovator and developer of cybersecurity products, today announced that Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) has placed Gold in the Ransomware Protection category of the 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards. Comodo AEP was also honored as a finalist in the Endpoint Security, Anti Malware and Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Security groups. The independent awards program recognizes companies and individuals that demonstrate excellence, innovation and leadership in information security.
Malware, including ransomware, is proliferating at an incredible rate, more than an estimated 500,000 pieces per day. This business-halting attack method, and other zero-day malware, remain steady problems because current endpoint protection platforms are failing— and on a large scale. Comodo AEP approaches the malware problem in an entirely new way, enabling companies to defend against previously unknown threats.
Specifically, Comodo AEP deploys containment technology— a secure environment for all unknown, untrusted processes and applications. This approach gives safe applications the freedom to run while denying malware the system access they require to deliver their payloads. Comodo AEP also offers unmatched speed, with 92 percent of files receiving a good or bad verdict within 45 seconds. The other 8 percent are elevated to Comodo expert security analysts, which render a verdict within four hours—keeping file verdicting times closer to ‘hour zero’ than all leading competitors.
“Cybercriminals are constantly innovating their attack techniques— eager to exploit the next vulnerability and reap the bounty of rewards. Just look at the WannaCry and NotPetya ransomware outbreaks of 2017, leveraging EternalBlue. The worst thing enterprises can do is sit and wait for the next attack before improving their defense strategy,” said Melih Abdulhayoglu, CEO, Comodo. “Security companies need to innovate alongside today’s hackers to render unknown malware, ransomware and zero-day exploits useless— and unable to impact company systems. We are honored to be recognized by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards in our efforts to solve the malware problem and make the internet safe for all.”
Further fortifying the product’s effectiveness, Comodo’s installed base of more than 85 million users gives its labs access to one of the largest caches of known bad files in the world. Its global product development and malware research team has security professionals working 24/7/365 worldwide to ensure that unknown files are rapidly identified before they can cause damage.
To learn more about Comodo AEP and how it can protect your business, visit: https://enterprise.comodo.com/advanced-endpoint-protection/, or view the winning Cybersecurity Excellence Award entry: https://cybersecurity-excellence-awards.com/candidates/comodo-advanced-endpoint-protection-aep-2.
Comodo Security Solutions Inc. (CSS Inc.) is transforming cybersecurity with protection for endpoints, networks and web servers that is proven to be effective against the most advanced malware threats, including even new and unknown threats. CSS Inc.’s innovative autocontainment technology provides a trust verdict for every file, so that only safe files can run, without impacting user productivity or computer resources. With its global headquarters in Clifton, New Jersey, Comodo also has international offices in China, India, the Philippines, Romania, Turkey, and Ukraine. For more information, visit comodo.com or our blog. You can also follow us on Twitter (@ComodoNews) or LinkedIn.
Montner Tech PR