DRAGON ENTERPRISE PLATFORM
SOCaaP PLATFORMENDPOINT SECURITYCLOUD SECURITYCloud-based siemNETWORK SECURITYWeb SecurityIT Service ManagementFor MSSPs & MSPs
- ServicesIncident Management ServicesManaged ServicesThreat Assessment ServicesProactive ServicesRed Team / Blue Team Services
- Why Comodo?Why Comodo?Compare ComodoWHY PARTNER?
- For HomeSECURITYWEB BROWSERBrowser Add-Ons & Extension
- CompanyAbout ComodoMedia & PressContact us
- PartnersSELECT YOUR INDUSTRY TYPELEARN MORE
- ResourcesResourcesThreat Research LabsCompare ComodoContact Us
WHAT IS IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT AND WHY DO YOU NEED IT?In any organization, the IT department always must take full responsibility for ensuring top-notch security, staying on top of technical issues, addressing in-house requests, delivering quality support, and more. These tasks are just a part of a busy day for IT professionals, and this is just one of the reasons why they play a vital role in making sure that a business will not lose revenue due to service disruption.However, handling too much work might affect their productivity and might keep them out of focus. This is where IT service management (ITSM) comes in.
What is IT Service Management?Unlike other IT tools, ITSM isn’t a complicated solution that requires immense knowledge about technologies. In fact, it can be explained to anyone using layman’s terms. ITSM is a customer-centric solution that prioritizes delivering value to customers and strengthening the client relationship. Mainly focusing on the interactions of IT professionals with customers and clients, IT service management roles and responsibilities also ensure that the entire ecosystem — such as hardware, endpoint users, network, and software components — are all getting the best possible IT services. ITSM tasks include:
- Meeting business requirements for an effective IT system
- Keeping IT budgets and costs on track
- Ensuring safety and compliance
- Securing system and network
- Updating software, hardware, and other data systems
- Delivering quality support for technical or help desk
BENEFITS OF IT SERVICE MANAGEMENTNo matter how small or big an organization is, it is impossible to separate them from digital solutions—most especially now that threats are becoming more sophisticated and demands from the people within the business ecosystem are increasing more than ever. So, to protect your business vulnerabilities when systems underperform or malfunction, your IT security team must focus on securing your whole ecosystem. This is attainable if your organization has an ITSM solution that can offer automation, data processing, always-on connectivity, and cost-efficient security service. Apart from these promising IT service management best practices, ITSM can also provide you with the assurance that your IT team can handle heavy tasks, as IT service management can lighten up the load for them.
Here are the main benefits of having an ITSM tool:
ITSM optimizes and centralizes the entire process within the organization
ITSM provides a cost-effective service management
ITSM enables organizations to develop new business strategies
Why do you need IT Service Management?According to a report by Forbes Insights, three out of four executives believe that the lack of an ITSM solution harms their overall business competitiveness. A majority of business leaders also claimed that ITSM solution is extremely important in their digital enterprise initiatives. This suggests one thing: your organization couldn’t afford to not have an ITSM solution.
- It can provide you with a more organized and structured documentation system
- It ensures that your hardware and software assets are always available to you
- Reduce costs by preventing mishaps
- It allows you to get actionable IT insights that can help in the decision-making process
TAKEAWAYSOverall, an ITSM solution provides organizations with improved IT support services that can improve their customer service. It also allows businesses to act on issues and report risks accordingly.
One of the best ITSM vendors that can match your business needs and goals is Comodo, which provides clients with asset management and support that delivers comprehensive profile-driven enterprise security, resulting in reduced risk and complexity.