DRAGON ENTERPRISE PLATFORM
SOCaaP PLATFORMENDPOINT SECURITYCLOUD SECURITYCloud-based siemNETWORK SECURITYWeb SecurityIT Service ManagementFor MSSPs & MSPs
- ServicesIncident Management ServicesManaged ServicesThreat Assessment ServicesProactive ServicesRed Team / Blue Team Services
- Why Comodo?Why Comodo?Compare ComodoWHY PARTNER?
- For HomeSECURITYWEB BROWSERBrowser Add-Ons & Extension
- CompanyAbout ComodoMedia & PressContact us
- PartnersSELECT YOUR INDUSTRY TYPELEARN MORE
- ResourcesResourcesThreat Research LabsCompare ComodoContact Us
With the continuous advent of security and privacy threats, organizations in whatever industry and of all sizes must come up with sophisticated technologies that have the capacity to combat cybersecurity attacks. That and the need for an organization’s processes, policies, and staff behavior to be able to minimize such risks. This is where information security becomes important and where information security management systems come into place.Apart from ensuring your company complies with a range of laws and regulations, these systems are also designed to protect three essential aspects of information:
What are information security management systems?
Information security management systems involve policies and commands that oversee security and risks within an enterprise. These security controls can be all about common security standards or be more industry-specific.These are solutions that can help you recognize and take care of threats that could exploit your valuable information and any related assets.
- Confidentiality – valuable data is only available to authorized people, entities, or processes
- Integrity – the information is complete and precise and safeguarded from corruption
- Availability – the information is accessible and convenient for authorized users
What is ISO 27001?ISO 27001 is the international standard that covers compliance requirements and states the specification for best-practice information security management systems. Earning an ISO 27001 compliance or certification will allow you to prove your organization’s ongoing information security excellence and efficiency.
Popular ISMS frameworksIn addition to the ISO 27001 standard, there are other frameworks that also offer valuable ISMS guidance. Some examples include:
ITILIncludes a dedicated element known as Information Security Management (ISM). It’s also a widely adopted service management framework that aims to align IT and business security to make sure information security is effectively taken care of at all times.
COBITCOBIT is also an IT-focused framework. It mainly focuses on how asset management and configuration management can be integrated with information security and other ITSM functions.
Continuous improvement of ISMSThe ISO 27001 states that information security management systems implementation follows a specific model for continuous improvement. The procedures included are: 1. Plan
- Identify the problems and gather valuable data for security risk assessment
- Establish processes and policies that should be implemented
- Develop strategies to continually enhance information security management capabilities
- Deploy security policies and procedures
- Evaluate the effectiveness of ISMS policies and controls
- Assess tangible outcomes and behavioral aspects of the ISMS processes
- Focus on constant improvement
- Record the results, share knowledge, and use a feedback
ISMS Security ControlsAnother specification of the ISO 27001 standard is that information security management systems security controls include practical guidelines with the following objectives:
- Information security policies
- Organization of information security
- Asset management
- Human resource security
- Physical and environmental security
- Communications and operations management
- Access control
- Information system acquisition, development, and maintenance
- Information security and incident management
- Business continuity management
- Supplier relationships