- ProductsDRAGON ENTERPRISEComodo introduced a new approach to endpoint protection, engineered to solve the issue of legacy security solutions.PLATFORM PRODUCTS
TECHNOLOGY & PROCESS
Impenetrable cybersecurity without sacrificing usability
Gain detailed visibility into all your endpoints activities
Reduce the attack surface to remediate and patch
Fortify mobile devices that exit and enter your network
- ServicesWORLDWIDE SERVICESNo one can stop zero-day malware from entering your network, but Comodo can prevent it from causing any damage. Zero Trust. Zero Breaches. Zero damage.THREAT SERVICES
- ResourcesRESOURCE DISCOVERYComodo introduced a new approach to add managed cybersecurity and endpoint protection to your customers benefit, right into your existing programs.
Just like the advancement of technology as a whole, there is no pause when it comes to the evolution of the cybersecurity threat landscape. This calls for organizations to come up with security solutions that include efficient and effective detection and remediation techniques. Endpoint detection and response (EDR), network traffic analytics (NTA), and security information and event management (SIEM) are great inclusions but while these solutions can be effective for identifying and responding to cyber threats, they also have their limitations. The addition of XDR software to a “layered” approach is vital to this goal.
What is XDR Software?
Extended detection and response or XDR software is a digital security solution that provides holistic protection to fight off cyberattacks, unauthorized access, and misuse. It’s designed to break away from traditional security silos and provide detection and response capabilities across all data sources.
In general, XDR software gathers and correlates data across various security layers, such as cloud workload and network, email, endpoint, and server. This is what makes it possible for it to deliver faster threat detection and improved investigation and response times. It ultimately helps prevent successful cyberattacks while simplifying and strengthening security processes.
XDR software, in a nutshell, boosts organizations to better serve users and speed up digital transformation endeavors.
Benefits of XDR Software
XDR is designed to make security visibility across an organization’s entire network more simple. This provides a wide range of benefits to every organization including:
- Block known and unknown attacks through endpoint protection. This includes malware, exploits, as well as fileless threats using integrated AI-driven antivirus and threat intelligence solutions.
- Gain visibility across your entire network. Gather and compare data from all sources to identify, triage, evaluate, hunt, and respond to threats.
- Automatically detect modern-day attacks by using innovative analytics and tailored rules that identify advanced persistent threats, as well as other stealthy attacks.
- Avoid false positives by simplifying investigations using automated root cause analysis. This can be empowered through a unified incident engine that minimizes the number of alerts by eliminating false positives. This allows your IT team to review fewer notifications and reduce the skills required for them to triage.
- Increase organizations’ productivity by consolidating the management and monitoring of endpoint security policy, as well as investigation and response processes across a network. This also works on endpoints and cloud environments in a single device, thus increasing SOC efficiency.
- Root out competitions without causing user or system downtime.
- Stop advanced threats by preventing insider abuse, external vulnerabilities, fileless and memory-only attacks, ransomware, and sophisticated zero-day malware.
- Amplify your security team and prevent every stage of an attack. This is made possible by determining indicators of compromise (IOCs) and atypical behavior while prioritizing analysis through incident scoring as well.
- Bring back hosts right after a compromise by eliminating malicious files and registry keys, as well as restoring corrupted files and registry keys through remediation suggestions.
- Stretch detection and response to third-party data sources by using logs acquired from third-party firewalls while collating third-party alerts into a centralized incident view and root cause evaluation for faster investigations.
Why is XDR Software Important?
SOCs require a platform that has the capacity to bring together all relevant security data and identify advanced adversaries. This is especially true as cybercriminals use more complex techniques and procedures to successfully get past and overturn traditional security controls. This is why organizations must find a better way to fight off the increasing numbers of vulnerabilities—both inside and outside their network perimeter.
There’s also the matter of increasing strain on resources given today’s recent work-from-home requirements. Situations like this would compel security professionals to do more using only the same or fewer resources—not to mention with strict budget constraints. This calls for a proactive and streamlined security solution to ensure protection in today’s digital landscape of technology assets, legacy endpoints, and cloud workloads.
Another factor to consider is the need for enterprise security and risk managers to familiarize various security tools and data sets from a wide number of vendors. This must be done amidst the growing number of hacking groups and potentially malicious insiders who are habitually circling organization perimeters. When team members struggle with a sea of data, alert overload could follow suit, which eventually leads to historic levels of operational stress.
These are the most crucial reasons why the usage of XDR software is essential.
Sophisticated threats have the capacity to bypass detection. They take advantage of security gaps and distorted solution alerts, which allow them to propagate as time passes. XDR uses a holistic approach to detection and response, which allows security teams to overcome these challenges.
For a reliable and comprehensive XDR solution, look no further than Comodo. We’re one of the pioneers of XDR and our product can trace and safeguard a breach over different types of assets.