DRAGON ENTERPRISE PLATFORM
SOCaaP PLATFORMENDPOINT SECURITYCLOUD SECURITYCloud-based siemNETWORK SECURITYWeb SecurityIT Service ManagementFor MSSPs & MSPs
- ServicesIncident Management ServicesManaged ServicesThreat Assessment ServicesProactive ServicesRed Team / Blue Team Services
- Why Comodo?Why Comodo?Compare ComodoWHY PARTNER?
- For HomeSECURITYWEB BROWSERBrowser Add-Ons & Extension
- CompanyAbout ComodoMedia & PressContact us
- PartnersSELECT YOUR INDUSTRY TYPELEARN MORE
- ResourcesResourcesThreat Research LabsCompare ComodoContact Us
The Coronavirus pandemic has changed the way of how organizations operate. Given the situation, most companies have carried out work from home system to avoid the virus. But, working from home can also mean that your endpoint devices would be at risk of cyberattacks. Why? One reason is that a company would only have limited control of the endpoint devices. Your employee might use their personal gadgets or connect to a public internet for work, leading to harmful cyberattacks. Thus, there is a need to establish an EDR connection system. It is to protect your organization against these endpoint vulnerabilities.What’s more, endpoint threats have been on the rise since the Coronavirus pandemic. In a survey by Carbon Black, 60% of respondents stated that their organization has become at risk since the Coronavirus. They rely on VPN for endpoint protection, which has become vulnerable since the pandemic. Given the situation, how can you protect your organization against endpoint vulnerabilities? Maintaining a solid and secure EDR connection is the solution, and we will talk more about it below.
The Current Situation of Endpoint SecurityNowadays, attackers continue to plot advanced and complex plans to invade endpoint security. Thus, it is clear that traditional EDR connection solutions are no longer enough in protecting your organization. So what is the current situation of endpoint security? According to a 2017 study by Sophos, 60% of organizations lack comprehensive endpoint defenses and protection. The report states that their defenses are not capable enough to block cyberattacks over the past years.
Implement a Stable and Secure EDR Connection SystemAny organization can manage hundreds and thousands of endpoint devices. However, each of these endpoints can be vulnerable to cyberattacks—laptops, smartphones, desktop computers—you name it. Thus, there is a need to implement a security solution to fight against this problem. To combat endpoint vulnerabilities, you should build a solid and secure EDR connection. An EDR connection is a technology that analyzes any threat-related data from your endpoints. Depending on your organization’s size and needs, this tool can be any of the following:
- An EDR connection system built for a specific purpose
- Combination of tools used together to achieve the task at hand
- A security tracker device
- Collect data and identify any threats from the endpoint devices
- Observe and analyze the threats
- Plan and formulate a solution to combat these endpoint threats and vulnerabilities
Establish the Same Level of Security on All EndpointsFor an EDR connection system to work, you must establish the same level of security on all endpoints. Endpoints do not only refer to desktop computers or laptops. As most of us know, endpoints are any device that can connect to a network. Other examples of endpoints include:
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices