DRAGON ENTERPRISE PLATFORM
SOCaaP PLATFORMENDPOINT SECURITYCLOUD SECURITYCloud-based siemNETWORK SECURITYWeb SecurityIT Service ManagementFor MSSPs & MSPs
- ServicesIncident Management ServicesManaged ServicesThreat Assessment ServicesProactive ServicesRed Team / Blue Team Services
- Why Comodo?Why Comodo?Compare ComodoWHY PARTNER?
- For HomeSECURITYWEB BROWSERBrowser Add-Ons & Extension
- CompanyAbout ComodoMedia & PressContact us
- PartnersSELECT YOUR INDUSTRY TYPELEARN MORE
- ResourcesResourcesThreat Research LabsCompare ComodoContact Us
Now that most companies are resorting to remote work setups, organizations are doubling up their efforts to protect their networks through cybersecurity EDR solutions. No matter how big or small an organization is, a work-from-home operation increases the chance of exposing end-point users to massive vulnerabilities, malicious activities, and threats. This is one of the critical reasons why businesses have to strengthen their cybersecurity by installing EDR solutions. This is where EDR solutions come in.
What is EDR?
Also known as Endpoint Detection and Response, cybersecurity EDR tools are an integrated, layered solution to protect endpoint users. EDR provides organizations with real-time, continuous monitoring, as well as endpoint data analytics that triggers automated responses. The key roles of an EDR security system play a vital role in strengthening an organization’s cybersecurity, as it includes the following:
- Regularly check endpoints to see malicious activities
- Monitor endpoints and determine activities that might possess a threat
- Alert the IT security team when it detects vulnerabilities or threats
- Respond accordingly to any malicious incident
- Prevent identified threats from spreading to the entire network
- Analyze threats and suspicious activities, and block them from entering the network moving forward
Why Cybersecurity EDR Solutions are Necessary to Keep Your Organization Secure?With a work-from-home setup, spreading threats across multiple endpoint users becomes a lot easier for hackers. Hence, now more than ever, bolstering your organization’s cybersecurity through EDR solutions is now more crucial and a must. Deploying the right cybersecurity EDR tools for your organization is vital, as it protects both endpoint users who are working on-site and working remotely against cyberattacks. In addition, EDR is not only used to detect and activate defenses against threats, as it also provides data analysis. This gives IT security professionals accurate data about an incident, allowing them to become proactive in identifying threats. Here are some of the reasons why integrating cybersecurity EDR solutions into your security strategy is important:
- EDR improves visibility as it continuously collects data.
- EDR provides organizations with automated data collection and processing, enabling a security team to receive accurate information about potential threats. As a result, this allows an IT team to act immediately and accordingly.
- EDR solutions also help an IT security team to automatically launch an incident response, based on the report that they received. With this, they can block certain activities or potential threats as soon as they enter the network. This results in a lesser load on security analysts.