Home & Home Office
SSL Certificates Email Certificate Code Signing Certificate Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security & Messaging Site Seals Endpoint Security E-Commerce Bundle
EV SSLManaged DNS
Business & Enterprise
SSL Certificates Code Signing Certificate PKI Management cCloud Endpoint Security Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security & Messaging Email Certificate Hosted DNS
- Social Media
Antivirus for Mac - Complete Virus Protection
- Detects, blocks and eliminates viruses from Mac laptops and desktops
- Constantly protects with on-Access scanning
- Built in scheduler allows you to run scans at a time that suits you
- Isolates suspicious files in quarantine preventing infection
- Frequent, automatic updates of virus definitions
- Simple to use: install and forget while Comodo Antivirus protects you in the background
Why Comodo Antivirus for Mac Computers?
There used to be a time when Mac computers were considered almost 'virus-proof'. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. The quantity of Mac viruses is growing at an alarming rate and solid protection against these threats is essential if you wish to prevent identity theft, file corruption or interception of your credit card details.
Comodo Antivirus provides the state-of-the-art virus protection to your Mac OS computer at no cost.
Featuring an on-demand scanner, 'always on' real-time protection and a constantly updated database of known viruses, Comodo AV provides superior protection against zero-day malware. This is not a stripped down version of a paid product, it's the real deal. Scan any drive or file. Get in-depth reports on viral activity. Even scan compressed .zip files, where viruses often hide. All in one attractive user-friendly interface.
Comodo Antivirus – Unique Features
- Automatic updates for the most up-to-date virus protection
- Drag and drop any object onto the dock icon for instant virus analysis
- Easy to use interface lets you install and forget: no annoying pop-ups or false alarms
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X 10.4
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Client and Server)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Client and Server)
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Mac Intel i386
- Mac Intel x86_64
Comodo Antivirus Important Features
- Easy and user-friendly interface
- Simply install and forget, while Antivirus continues to protect
- On-access scanning
- Checks each and every file or application invoked and blocks them if identified as threats
- One-click scanning
- Run on-demand scanning and cleaning of your system with a single click
- Instant scanning
- Scan individual files or folders by dragging them to CAV icon in the dock
- Personalized protection
- Set virus scans to run on a schedule, when it's convenient for you
- Quarantine system to isolate suspicious files
- Possible viruses are kept executing to ensure that nothing "sneaky" gets through
- Real-time access to updated virus definitions
- Get the most current protection possible against new viral strains
- Unique "slider" to easily change your current security level
- Change the behavior of Antivirus to reflect your security preferences at any given time
- Why do I need antivirus software installed on my Mac Computer?
- It is a myth that Mac OS is safe from viruses and malware. In reality, they are highly prone to attack and a virus can be absolutely devastating to your computer's health. They can slow your computer to a halt, delete important files and applications, make your computer unusable and even transmit your credit card details to online thieves.
- So why should I use this Antivirus?
- Our Antivirus features top-notch antivirus protection, for free! Real-time scanning, online updates, quarantine protection, total virus deletion...it's all here.
- Can I scan individual files and folders I just moved into my computer?
- You can just drag the individual item to CAV icon in the dock. CAV instantly scans the item and gives you the results.
- How does the Antivirus protection work?
- Just click a button when you'd like to scan for viruses. When Antivirus detects one, it kills it. Dead. Gone.
- What is "quarantine protection"?
- When Antivirus finds what it thinks can be a virus, it immediately puts the possible virus in a quarantine state where it can't do any damage. It's extra protection from the trickier viruses.
- What do you mean by 'personalized protection'?
- Antivirus lets you schedule scans for viruses whenever it's most convenient. It does the same thing for updates on the latest viruses.
Support for Comodo Antivirus for Mac
For help with CAV for Mac, check out our online user guide
Find the answers to your questions online at forums.comodo.com
You'll benefit from the expert contributions of developers and fellow users alike and can find answers to any questions you may have. Join the forums now
If you are unable to find a solution in either the help guide or the forums, then please email support at PCSecurity@comodo.com
Please note that phone support is not available for our free products
Experience extreme protection with Comodo Internet Security Pro with GeekBuddy
GeekBuddy can remotely install any new software on your PC, as well as provide live remote support for virtually any computer problem you face!
- Clean Malware
- Firewall Protection
- Defence+ Host Intrusion Protection
- Auto Sandbox TechnologyTM
Product Selection Wizard
Find the Comodo product that best fits your needs or budget. Try it Now