Home & Home Office
SSL Certificates Email Certificate Code Signing Certificate Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security & Messaging Site Seals Endpoint Security E-Commerce Bundle
EV SSLManaged DNS
Business & Enterprise
SSL Certificates Code Signing Certificate PKI Management Endpoint Security Authentication PCI Compliance PC Support Email Security & Messaging Email Certificate Hosted DNS
- Social Media
Comodo Unite lets groups of PCs share files, play games, chat, and much more.
- Easily create virtual private networks
- Gain 'remote access' to your PCs
- Securely chat with multiple users
- Set up a multi-player gaming session
- Share files, photos, and more
Notice for EasyVPN users: EasyVPN is now Comodo Unite. EasyVPN users should upgrade to Comodo Unite and can login with existing UN/PW. All previous settings, contacts and networks will be carried over.
What is Comodo Unite?
Comodo Unite allows users to easily create a secure and encrypted virtual private network (VPNs) between groups of computers. Setting up a Unite network is as easy as clicking a button. Once connected, all computers can securely share any files they choose. Share music and photos with pals, set up a multi-player gaming session, or simply chat with friends using the included messaging service. You can download files directly from another PC, or edit them without downloading them at all. Users are even able to access their work computer from their home machine (& vice versa) or send documents to their local printer from any remote location.
What else can Unite users do?
- Create private chat sessions with an unlimited number of participants
- Hold meetings with chat and file-sharing between people across the globe
- Tune up a friend's computer from your own
- Access any files found on a shared PC in the network
- Let family members have constant access to an extensive photo album
- Share your applications with friends so they can use software they don't have installed
All communications over a Unite network use 128-bit SSL encryption for protection from hackers. This includes the chat service, a rarity among instant messengers. Plus, creating and building a network is amazingly simple. Just choose a user name and type in a friend or co-worker's user name to invite them to join your network. A few button clicks later, PCs are connected!
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 - 32 or 64 bit
- Windows Vista - 32 or 64 bit
- Windows XP - 32 or 64 bit
Minimum hardware required:
- 1 Ghz Intel Pentium III or equivalent processor
- 128 MB RAM
- 35 MB Hard Disk Space
Discover the many uses of Comodo Unite
- Create an unlimited number of private and secure "socialized networks" that friends and family can join to share files, applications and chat
- Access your PC from anywhere - take remote control of your home computer from work or vice versa
- Comes complete with an instant messenger client that allows you to send and receive messages and files over an encrypted communications channel
- Easy import of your contacts from IM software like Live Messenger, Yahoo, AIM and ICQ
- Quckly start an online multiplayer gaming session between yourself and friends
- Simplifies the process of gaining RDP control over other networked computers
- Application and browser sharing - Try out a friend's new software or video game without having to download or install it on your PC
- Remote assistance - help a friend or family member with any PC troubles they might be having, even if you're miles away
- Remote collaboration – share a Word or Excel document with a friend and both of you will be able to edit at the same time
- Additional Web based interface allows administrators to manage Unite networks from any Internet connected computer
Frequently Asked Questions about Comodo Unite with Instant Messaging
- What does Comodo Unite offer me?
- Comodo Unite is a secure collaboration tool and social networking tool that allows users to create highly secure, private networks with friends, family and work colleagues. It allows users to share files, applications, access each others desktops, work on projects simultaneously and enjoy secure IM chat sessions.
- Can I access my home computer from work?
- Yes! Comodo Unite enables you to take control of your home computer while you are at work and vice-versa. In fact, you can gain access to and operate any computer in your network. For example, you might be on the road using your laptop and wish to have access to files or mail on your office desktop. Unite allows you to do this seamlessly and securely and, because it is so secure, you can even connect from public locations such as coffee shops and airports.
- What about security?
- All computers in a Unite network are directly connected to each other over secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections. All data passed over those connections is encrypted using the industry's strongest encryption protocols - ensuring hackers cannot intercept, eavesdrop or steal your private information. Comodo Unite also features strict controls that allow you to determine exactly who can access your computer – including per-user permission settings, password protection and full user authentication using personal digital certificates.
- What happens when a fellow Unite user lets me share their PC?
- When a user allows you to connect to their PC you'll see precisely that: their PC's desktop!
- Cool! Can I actually click their desktop icons and stuff?
- Yes indeed. You and your other network members will have easy access to all of the files stored on each other's Pcs (providing you give each other permission).
- Can I actually edit and save the files and documents on the other PC?
- Yes. It's just like sitting directly in front of the other PC in the network.
- Is there a way for me to instantly communicate with people in my network?
- Yes, Unite includes an secure instant messaging client, so all of the people within a network can easily chat. You can easily import all your contacts from Live Messenger, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ and Google talk, too.
- What is application and browser sharing?
- Sharing an application means your contact will be able to use any software running on your machine. Because your contact is essentially viewing an application that is running on your computer, it even allows them to view and use software that they do not have installed.
- What's the setup process like?
- Easy and fast. Install Unite on all required computers, create a name for your network then invite contacts to join the network. And that's pretty much it.
Comodo Unite Support
For help with Unite, check out the comprehensive user guide here.
Can't find an answer there? Visit our forum. It contains easy-to-find answers to many common problems.
If an answer can't be found within the user guide or the forums, please email us at email@example.com for further assistance.
Experience extreme protection with Comodo Internet Security Pro 6 with GeekBuddy
GeekBuddy can remotely install any new software on your PC, as well as provide live remote support for virtually any computer problem you face!
- Clean Malware
- Firewall Protection
- Defence+ Host Intrusion Protection
- Auto Sandbox TechnologyTM
Product Selection Wizard
Find the Comodo product that best fits your needs or budget. Try it Now